Chapter 11: Girls' Day

A/N - Okay y'all, I just wanna say: 2.1K READS AND 62 VOTES????!! You do not know how grateful I am and that's a lot considering the fact that I barely update. I really appreciate it and y'all keep me motivated to actually write. So thank you so much for your support! <333

Somehow Audrey and Becc had managed to convince Sophie to go on a girls' day out with them. It wasn't a bad idea, really, and it was great for her to spend some quality time with her friends. The only downside was the fact that she'd then have to explain the whole...situation... about Keefe and her. She wasn't too excited about that part... Quality bonding time? She thought warily. Sophie sighed.

It couldn't be that bad, could it? Sophie later found out, it was, in fact, worse.

As soon as she met them, they bombarded the poor elf with questions like there was no tomorrow.

"How did it happen?"

"Who initiated the kiss?"

"Were there fireworks?"

"Did you do anything interesting?"

That last question was asked by Becc of course. Which is why Audrey smacked her arm. Becc pouted, rubbing the area she was injured. "Ow, what was that for?"

"Oh, you know damn well what that was for," Audrey scolded, looking at her disapprovingly.

Sophie blushed at the attention. "Don't worry about it," she laughed. "I'll explain everything to you guys when we go inside." She was secretly just stalling as much as possible.

"Okay fine, let's go in then," Becc said, eyes lighting up like an adult in a stress-free zone. She was oddly delighted about something that had happened to Sophie. As soon as they stepped foot in the mall, Becc was hungry for answers. "We're inside, now spill."

"Why don't we shop a little first?" Sophie asked, laughing nervously. She would stall for as long as possible.

"Girl, we know you're trying to stall, so just tell us and get it over with," Becc stated, basically reading Sophie's thoughts. "I'm going to bother you until I get some answers."

Sophie groaned then finally complied. "Fine, but you can't react super dramatically," she conditioned.

"Okay, okay, just tell us, I'm dying to know."

"I said not dramatically."

"Shut up and speak.."

"Those are two oppos-"

"Bitch. If you don't tell us right now-"

"Okay, okay, no threats," interrupted Sophie. "no threats. I couldn't sleep because I was having a mental breakdown from that kiss. And so I decided to get a drink of water (A/N - you know what they say, hydrate or dir straight) because what else could I do. And apparently, Keefe was thinking the same thing."

"Aw, you even think the same way, it's adorable," Rebbecca said, clasping her hands together and pouting with a look of adoration.

"Anyway, I didn't even notice him coming into the kitchen until he said 'hi' to me. And then I confessed to him first and panicked and started rambling and then he said he felt the same way about me and then-"

"Yeah, you're rambling again, I can picture that perfectly," Becc interrupted, once again.

"We kissed after I said, 'How about we try that again? My first kiss with you didn't actually go as planned, which I kinda regret saying now. But that kiss was somehow better than the first one," Sophie sighed, imagining the moment dreamily.

"Aw, look at that little smile," Audrey said, smiling as if she was remembering her first kiss with Pryce.

"So did he ask you to be his girlfriend yet?" asked Becc.

Sophie nodded in response.

"Wait, that means I'm gonna be the only single one in the groups again," she said, looking down in defeat. Then she shook her head and said, "Wait no, what am I saying. I am that bitch. It doesn't matter if I'm single. And I get more food to myself. Genius." Then she looked at the other two and gave them an L.

Audrey rolled her eyes, muttering, "Typical middle school behavior." Sophie laughed and then the other two broke into laughter as well. For the first time in a while, Sophie felt like she belonged — like she was normal. Talking about boys, shopping with her friends, and laughing together. It all made her feel...human. All this might not last long, but she would enjoy these moments while she could.

"What'd you do to end up on the couch?" Becc interrupted her thoughts, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. Audrey smacked her arm.

Sophie laughed. "We just talked for a while, we were both too excited to sleep anyway. We just cuddled, and talked, and fell asleep. And don't worry, we definitely kept it PG."

Becc looked disappointed. "So nothing interesting?"

"Well clearly not, Becc." Sophie rolled her eyes, trying to look annoyed, but her growing smile gave her away.

»»---------------------►

They lay in the comfortable massage chairs, arranged to be next to each other, their faces covered in some sort of clay mask, cucumbers on their eyes. This was a cliche that Sophie would enjoy to the fullest. She relaxed with her friends.

"So, Becc, now that Sophie and I both have boyfriends, what about you?"

"Well, to be honest, I don't think I'm all that into boys. They're just not that great."

"So are you...a lesbian? Possibly?"

"I'm not completely sure, but I'm starting to think I am. I've never been all that attracted to anyone, not that I remember at least."

"Well, either way, you're still gonna slay and girlboss," said Sophie, laughing. "But you always have my support, Becc." She gave a small smile and Becc smiled back.

"Thanks, Soph."

They couldn't even see each other at the moment, but as silence fell upon them again, Sophie knew they all felt the same way. They were all content with the life they had. They were living in the present, not the chaotic past, not the unpromising future. It was a nice feeling, and definitely not something Sophie was used to before.

It felt strange to think about though — Sophie had a wonderful boyfriend, several amazing human friends, and an overall...normal...life. It was something Sophie enjoyed considering her entire childhood was based on saving the elf world and basically the entire world, too.

She knew this wasn't something that would last, but she could still retain some of these experiences and try to stay close to her roots. It was worth the effort.

A/N - Word Count: 1024

Thanks for reading!! Please vote, comment, and follow!!

See ya later <33

- Ishita <33