Chapter 10: Confessions

A/N - Here is Chapter 10: Confessions, the chapter you've all been waiting for (or not, idrk), after several months. I am #girl bossing right now, being inspirational and motivation goals istg 😌 so proud of myself. Aight i'll shut up now. Read bitches.

Sophie, obviously, couldn't sleep after that eventful — to say the least — night. She tried to squeeze her eyes shut and fall asleep but it didn't work. After about 30 minutes, she decided she was thirsty and got out of the bed to go to the kitchen. Sophie tapped the screen of Audrey's phone — which was conveniently placed on the bedside table — to see that it read 2:30 am. Clearly Sophie had been attempting to sleep for a while. She sighed softly and made her way to the kitchen.

In search of a glass, she opened a few cabinets, and after the 4th door, she finally found them. She took a glass and poured herself some water. Sophie sat on one of the stools by the breakfast bar. She gently tapped it, still pondering the events of that night. She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't even notice when Keefe strolled into the room, sleep deprived and ruffling his hair.

"Hey, Foster," Keefe greeted, in his dreamy, sleepy, deep voice. Sophie, startled, almost jumped out of her stool. She placed her hand over her heart, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Oh, it's just you," Sophie said.

"What do you mean 'just you'? It's the amazing and wondrous Keefe Sencen!" he said, smirking at first, but then switching to a softer smile. He blushed a little before saying, "We should probably talk about... you know... today... Although I don't really know how to start..."

"Yeah..." Sophie agreed. She sucked a deep breath and took a leap of faith. "Keefe?"

"Yeah?" he asked, eyebrows raised, blush still evident on his cheeks. "C'mon Sophie, you got this! Just say it, don't be scared! It's now or never!" the angel on her shoulder encouraged. "I think never is better. What if he doesn't like you?" asked the devil. But she hoped to go to heaven, so she decided to listen to the angel.

"Keefe. I like you. And I have, for a while now. I guess I just... didn't realize it..." she blurted, squeezing her eyes shut. She slowly reopened her eyes, curious to see Keefe's reaction. His cheeks had gotten even redder, his eyes were wide, and he was cutely biting his lip. He rubbed the back of his neck and ruffled his hair. "If you don't like me back it's fine, I just really had to get it off my chest. And I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I just-" Sophie stumbled over her words until she was silenced by Keefe.

"No, no, no, it's not that; Actually... I... like you too Sophie. I have since pretty much the day I met you..." he confessed, trying to find the right words. At this point though, he was just a blushing mess, as was Sophie. But Sophie brought the courage to make a move.

"How about... we try that again? My first kiss with you didn't actually go as planned..." Sophie smirked a little, despite the embarrassed condition she was in. If it was possible, Keefe blushed and widened his eyes even more, as Sophie took a tiny step closer to him. Then his persona suddenly changed back to his smirky, smug self again.

"I would love to take you up on your offer, Foster," he replied, moving in even closer.

With that, Sophie pulled Keefe into her kiss, entangling her finger in his soft blonde locks. Keefe wrapped his arms around Sophie's lean figure, deepening the kiss. Their lips molded together, like they were carved just for each other and no one else. Somehow their kiss felt like it lasted for hours, but also like it lasted just for a second. It didn't make sense — love didn't make sense, but here they were. All Sophie and Keefe knew was that they had made the right decision. If they could, they would stay like that forever, cherishing the kiss, cherishing each other. But even an elf as powerful as Sophie couldn't go completely without breathing. They pulled apart, panting for breath, their foreheads against each other.

The feeling was surreal. And although they had kissed before, this kiss felt special. Like it was their first...real kiss. This was by their own choice, not by a stupid dare. They had kissed because they wanted to — because they liked each other. And that just made it all the more blissful.

Sophie brushed her fingers against Keefe's cheek. She looked up at his eyes that were studying her intently. He softly smiled and Sophie did too. Seeing Keefe smile made her smile. It was an automatic reaction.

Sophie broke the silence and asked, "If you've really liked me for that long, I would've noticed, wouldn't I?"

"We don't call you Queen Oblivious for nothing, you know," Keefe said, giving a light chuckle. "I'm pretty sure you were the only person who didn't know I like you." Sophie blushed and laughed, embarrassed, not knowing she could be that blind. "But at least you know how much I like you now."

"And I hope you know how much I like you too," Sophie replied.

"Hmm," Keefe mused. "I'm not so sure about that. Mind showing me again?"

Sophie pulled him by the collar and kissed him passionately. She could feel Keefe's lips form into a smirk against her own lips. "You're such a dork," she teased, laughing as she pulled away.

"But I'm your dork, and I always will be — that is, if you'll be my girlfriend."

"Of course, always." Sophie pulled him back in for yet another kiss, as if sealing that promise.

»»---------------------►

"Aww, they look so adorable," Sarah cooed.

"I know, right? They are literally so cute together, I am fangirling," Rebbecca enthused.

"Should we wake them up though? It's almost noon," Ashley wondered aloud.

"Can someone tell me why we're standing around and watching sleeping kids?" Pryce said, oblivious as always.

Rebbecca shushed him. "Let them be. Oh, wait! I need to take a picture of this!" She pulled out her phone and snapped several photos of the two, legs tangled with each other and arms wrapped around the other.

Sophie stirred and blinked her eyes. When her eyes were open, she saw the crowd looking over her. She squealed and jumped, hitting the top of her head against Keefe's chin. She was definitely awake now.

"Ouch," Keefe groaned. He slowly opened his eyes and saw the group. "Oh gods-"

"Don't worry, kids, it's just us," Sarah assured.

Sophe was still rubbing her head from the impact. "You guys scared me. And Rebbecca what are you doing with that phone in your hand? I really don't think this is that interesting."

"Oh, but trust me, it is," Rebbecca said, looking amused. "Okay, now wake up lovebirds, its almost noon and Sophie, you have some explaining to do."

Sophie and Keefe reluctantly arose from their comfortable position on the couch.

"Alright, alright Becc, don't scare the kids. Why don't we have breakfast first?" said Sarah. "Or really lunch considering the time."

"That sound like a lovely idea, Mom," Pryce said. "Cuz I am starving and I want some pancakes." And with that he raced to the kitchen, Audrey trailing behind him. Becc winked at Sophie and Sarah gave the couple a knowing smile before leaving the room as well.

Sophie and Keefe were a blushing mess. "Um... we should uh probably go too," he said nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Mhm, yeah let's go," Sophie replied timidly. Gods his morning voice is sexy... And with that, they followed their friends to the kitchen.

A/N - Don't mind me and my awful update schedule haha. Hope you enjoyed that chapter.

I hope I might be able to update more frequently?? I'm starting to get more free time.

See you bitches later <3

- Ishita <33