Chapter 9: Sleepovers Part 2

A/N - Hello people! I come to y'all with Chapter 9, the moment you've all been waiting for, after 7 years. You're welcome <33

Chapter 9: Sleepovers Part 2

"Keefe, Truth or dare?" Audrey asked, smirking.

"Dare! I never back out of a dare!"

"Perfect," Audrey said, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "I dare you to kiss Sophie."

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"WHAT?" Sophie and Keefe yelled simultaneously.

"You can't make us do that!" Keefe said. Sophie had to admit that it hurt her a little that Keefe didn't want to kiss her. "She probably doesn't even want to kiss me."

Oh, trust me, I definitely want to kiss you.

"I can definitely make you do that," Audrey said. "Plus you said you never back out of a dare."

"Shit, I did say that," Keefe reckoned. "Sophie, if you don't want to you don't have to. It can just be a kiss on the cheek if you want."

"Nuh uh uh. It has to be on the lips. No cheating," Rebbecca said. "We all did our dares, didn't we."

"But-"

"Nope. No buts."

Keefe looked towards Sophie, as if seeking permission. Sophie's cheeks were already burning. She nodded her head slightly, indicating she was fine with doing it. She was more than fine...

As he leaned in, there was silence. Only the sounds of Becc and Audrey gasping and their widened eyes. Even Pryce's chicken noises had come to a halt. Sophie closed her eyes, anticipating the kiss.

When Sophie felt Keefe's soft lips on her own, it was pure bliss. Nothing could ruin this moment. She wanted to stay like this forever -- they both did -- she hoped they never had to move from there. The kiss felt nervous but exciting. Sophie could practically hear the fireworks going off. There were butterflies flapping their wings violently in Sophie's stomach.

Sophie hesitated, then entangled her fingers in Keefe's hair -- yep, The Hair. She never thought this day would come.

They had both momentarily forgotten about the others in the room, but were quickly reminded when hearing a constrained squeal. They jumped away from each other, turning redder than tomatoes. Sophie and Keefe were breathless, while Becc was silently cheering as she jumped up and down, basically having a fangirling moment. Pryce had his jaw dropped and Audrey was still smirking and looking smug as always.

"FINALLY! I'VE BEEN WAITING, YOU SLOW ASS BITCHES! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?" yelled Becc at the top of her lungs. Sophie didn't think she could get any louder than that, but it turned out she was wrong when she heard the ear splitting squeal Rebbecca let out 0.2 seconds later.

"Language, children!" Sarah called from her room.

"Sorry!" Audrey called back, then sent Becc a glare.

"Jeez, sorry," Becc apologized, showing no sign of being sorry as she rolled her eyes. "Okay, but still. This is exciting! I thought this moment would never happen because one of y'all would be cowards and back out. I mean, you can't blame me. And y'all are way too obvious anyways, like the holding hands, the hugging, the nicknames, the staring into each other's eyes."

"She's not wrong," Audrey agreed, shrugging. Pryce mumbled in agreement.

"Well, we never actually...um...kissed. Before this," Keefe muttered, still flustered.

"Yeah..." Sophie agreed, head down and playing with her fingers. Her eyelashes itched to be pulled out, but she tried to control.

"What?! So you guys aren't actually dating and just never told us?" Audrey asked, genuinely surprised.

"Y'all sure act like a couple; it's very hard to find a difference," Pryce said, eyebrows raised and shrugged shoulders.

"No we don't," Sophie said. Though, I wouldn't mind if we really were a couple... "We can't have looked like a couple."

"I mean, now that I think about it, those things kind of are couple-y things to do..." Keefe contemplated, rubbing his chin and scrunching his eyebrows together. Sophie had to say, he looked real attractive doing that.

Sophie had the sudden realization that she had kissed Keefe. Her hand instinctively brushed her tingling lips, and her mouth tilted into a slight smile. She bit her lip to keep her growing smile under control so it wouldn't seem too obvious, but it was extremely hard to control her absolute happiness. What Sophie hadn't noticed was Keefe glance in her direction, admiring her simple, yet undeniably beautiful features -- practically the same way he had seen her for the first time, 15 whole years ago.

She had kissed Keefe!

------------------ Time Skip (Yeah, I know, bad placement, but fuck it) --------------------

That night, when everyone went to bed, Audrey and Becc pulled Sophie with them. They all sat down on the floor -- Becc laying on her stomach, Audrey kneeling, and Sophie sitting criss-cross-applesauce.

"That was actually your first kiss with him?!" they asked in unison.

"Uh-um, yeah?" Sophie stuttered.

"Did you like it?" Becc asked, smirking and raising an eyebrow. Audrey rubbed her hands together, waiting for the answer.

Sophie bit her lip and shyly nodded, heat spreading across her cheeks.

"So you like him?" Audrey asked.

There was no point lying to them. Clearly it was pretty evident already. Plus she had already said she enjoyed it. She chose the safe option and nodded once again.

Becc let out a silent squeal and Audrey soundlessly cheered. "Y'know, we think Keefe likes you too. Obviously."

"I don't know, but either way, that kiss was... nice."

"Just nice? Not amazing, or extraordinary, or-"

"Shut up, Becc," interrupted Audrey. "Let the girl be."

Becc rolled her eyes, but smiled anyway. Sophie nervously laughed.

"Sophie, you should just tell him how you feel. I know he feels the same," continued Audrey. "Besides, even if he doesn't feel the same way, it would never affect your friendship -- he isn't the type to just... stop talking to you."

"And it's best if you just get it off your chest. At least you won't feel awkward or weird around him after," added Becc.

"Yeah..." Sophie pondered. "Maybe you guys are right."

"Of course we're right," laughed Becc. Sophie and Audrey smiled. "But jokes aside, you really should think about it. I have a feeling it might benefit you."

"Thanks you guys," Sophie replied, really meaning it. "I'm really glad we became friends."

Audrey touched her shoulder reassuringly and Becc gave her a big smile before they got ready to sleep.

A/N - Um. So yeah. I'm sorry if the kiss scene absolutely sucks. But, um, yeah...

ANYways,

That chapter was 1036 words

And sorry for the reeeaaaallllyyyyyy long wait.

Thank you for reading -- feel free to vote and comment! Constructive criticism is appreciated <33

I wanted to let y'all know that I now have an original story account

--> homo_sapien_writer

I'm currently working on a story and the account is also on my bio, so pls follow <33

Byeeeeeeeeee

- Ishita <33 (Oh yeah, for the ppl who didn't already know, my real name is Ishita)