Chapter 7: Invitations

A/N - Okay, so I realized that I can't write drama and never leave y'all at cliffhangers... So, I may or may not have a cliffhanger ready by the end of this chapter. But tbh, idek what I'm gonna write in this chapter, so I apologize ahead of time for the really stupid and awful chapter. YOLO :P

Also, I hate the chapter names so I think I should just change all the chapter names, or else imma think about it too much, and then it's just too much, so I may change the chapter names.

Thank you 

Bobthetitain33 and BianaV_SoKeefe4ever for voting on my last chapter! Go check out their profiles y'all.

I will also say that a kiss will be coming very soon. And sorry about the super long author's note.

Sophie and Keefe walked to school as they talked about several things. At the moment, Keefe was trying out several corny pick-up lines.

"My love for you is like diarrhea," he started. Sophie looked at him inquisitively. "I just can't hold it in." A goofy grin played on his face. "How was that?"

"Disgusting, Keefe."

"Aww, c'mon," he pouted. "Fine. I'll try more."

He cleared his throat dramatically. "I hope you know CPR because you just took my breath away," he said, proudly.

Sophie giggled at that. Giggled. WHAT! That wasn't even funny! Why did I giggle? Sophie, WHY are you so stupid? She internally screamed in frustration.

But seeing his eyes light up was so innocently adorable that Sophie forgot everything. She found herself lost in his ice-blue eyes that were somehow nowhere near cold. Sophie felt a smile appear on her lips. Keefe smiled back softly, making Sophie's heart flutter and go crazy and just turn to mush.

Why must he have that effect on me? What is happening to me? Why am I-

Her thoughts were interrupted by Keefe saying, "So, apart from taking my breath away, what do usually do for a living?"

He smirked at Sophie's expression as she sent him a glare.

"I gotta complain to Spotify for not having you as this week's hottest single!"

"Shut up, Keefe," she said, rolling her eyes and willing herself to recover from the amount of blushing.

"Do you have a band-aid? Cuz I scraped my knees falling for you," Keefe said.

Sophie decided that two could play this game, so she said, "Do you have a map? I just got lost in your eyes." Sophie had no idea where that came from but she kept walking casually, enjoying that smug feeling. That was when she realized why Keefe liked doing this so much. She turned to where Keefe was frozen a few steps back; his jaw was dropping to the floor. Sophie rolled her eyes at his dramatic reaction, but she felt a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. Sophie smirked and said, "Close that mouth, you don't want to catch any flies." Then she turned away and strutted away, leaving Keefe to run and catch up to her. Lucky for him, he was by Sophie's side very soon because of his long legs.

"I'm so proud of you, Foster," Keefe said, wiping away a fake tear. "My girl's grown up so fast."

Sophie rolled her eyes for what seemed to be the twentieth time today. "Shut up, Keefe."

Just then, they stopped in front of the school. The couple (A/N - Y'all see that foreshadowing?) walked through the glass front doors and pushed through the crowded hallways. Sophie and Keefe finally got to their lockers and got their supplies. Over the past few days, both of them got into a routine and could now navigate their way to each class without asking anyone. They had also gotten to know their new friends -- Rebbecca, Audrey, and Pryce -- better as well.

Audrey was EXTREMELY smart and pretty. She could practically recite the encyclopedia and she didn't even have a photographic memory, like Sophie. Audrey had skipped 2 grades -- 9th and 10th. Apparently, she and Pryce were dating and had been dating for 2 years. She was also very sweet, but if she was triggered enough, she could be scary.

Pryce and Keefe were VERY alike. A little too much for Sophie's liking. Both of them were very good-looking (yes, Sophie thought that), they were both athletic -- Pryce was on the football and swim team -- funny, supportive, and sassy. They were also both troublemakers and pranksters. If the Weasley twins had met these two, it would most likely be the end of the world. Pryce seemed to like food a LOT. He was always eating something. But he was really cool.

Sophie discovered that Rebbecca was actually very rich (like rich rich) because her parents were businesspeople. In fact, she had almost gotten sent to some all-girls boarding school in London. She also really liked art and was constantly drawing or painting. She had become friends with Pryce and Audrey a year ago. It had to have been awkward for her because she was third-wheeling all the time, but it seemed that none of them really minded.

Audrey, Pryce, and Rebbecca had a really close bond and apparently did everything together. It reminded Sophie a lot about her and her friends. Biana, Dex, Keefe, Fitz, Tam, Linh, and Sophie did almost everything together, even now, after they had become adults. Even though a lot of her friendships started strangely, in the end, it all paid off.

Now, Sophie and Keefe walked into their class and prepared for an excruciatingly torturous and boring day. That is, boring until lunchtime. Their first 3 periods went by very normally, with Keefe throwing crumpled papers with random drawings while the teachers weren't looking -- one of them caught him but Keefe got off easy with his flattery and charm (because the teacher was a lady) [insert rolling eyes here]. If it was possible, Keefe's art had gotten even better throughout the years. They walked to the cafeteria and got their lunches. They both walked over to the usual table with Rebbecca, Audrey, and Pryce already there.

"Hey, you guys," greeted Rebbecca.

Audrey and Pryce nodded to the two in acknowledgment. They greeted everyone and sat down.

"So... I was thinking we could hang out at my place on Friday. Maybe sleepover?" said Pryce.

"Sure! That sounds fun," Rebbecca said enthusiastically.

"Yeah, cool. I'm down," agreed Audrey.

"What about you guys," Pryce asked Sophie and Keefe.

Keefe looked very excited with a little spark in his eyes. It had been forever since they had had a sleepover with their friends back in the Lost Cities. The last time they had one was years ago when they were children. The idea sounded fun, so Sophie agreed to it.

"Sure, we'll be there," replied Sophie.

"Yay! We can play games and watch movies and stuff!" Rebbecca said. "Maybe Truth or Dare..."

Now Sophie was scared. Truth or Dare truly was not a good idea. It never ended well. She laughed nervously and ate in silence, thinking about the horrors that were to come Friday night...

A/N - So, how was that chapter? I mean, it wasn't really a cliffhanger, but since I can't write, I couldn't come up with anything better. You know what, what the hell.

Anyways, sorry for the late update; I decided to procrastinate and wrote half the chapter a few weeks ago, but today I was like, You know what? Maybe I should be productive today. And so here I am.

This was sort of a filler chapter but I did get to kinda introduce the characters a bit more.

Word count is 1045, which is a lot longer than I expected it to be.

Bye hoomans!

- Bee