Chapter 13: Janitor's Closets

!!Mature-ish chapter!!

While the rest of the students worked on their independent assignments, Sophie raised her hand and asked for permission to use the restroom. Keefe had left minutes ago, claiming he had a headache and would go to the nurse. She was sure that wasn't the case, but she would find him anyway.

Besides, it was increasingly difficult to concentrate on the calculus problems in front of her when all her mind thought about was Keefe.

As she walked along the side of the hallway, she suddenly felt herself get pulled inside a dark room. She yelped in surprise but was quickly muted by a large hand covering her mouth. Her body was pressed against the wall by the other hand.

"Don't worry, Foster, it's just me," she heard Keefe say. She couldn't see him, though, unfortunately. The lights were still off in the room.

The hand fell from her mouth and she could speak again, so she whisper-yelled, "What was that for? What if I thought you were someone else and accidentally hurt you?"

"I appreciate your concern, but I'm sure I would've been fine, y'know."

"Sure," Sophie scoffed. "Why are we in here anyway? And what is this place?" She paused. "Wait. Is this a janitor's closet?"

"...yes."

"Keefe," Sophie coaxed. "Why are we in a janitor's closet?"

"I missed you," Keefe said quietly, a shy tone in his voice.

"I missed you too," Sophie said, blushing slightly. "But we would've been together in 10 minutes anyway."

"But that's 10 whole minutes."

"We were in the same class," Sophie argued but capitulated once he said they were on two different sides of the room. She sighed. "Where are the lights? I want to see your face."

She heard fumbling until the dim light of the closet was turned on. Her breath caught in her throat. He looked beautiful, like always, but somehow it was different this time. Something about the way he looked at the moment. Or maybe it was because of their proximity.

Sophie had just begun to realize how close they were, how Keefe's mouth was oh-so close to hers, how if either of them moved, they'd be kissing.

But she also realized that Keefe was her boyfriend now. Why shouldn't they kiss?

So she pulled him by the collar and wrapped her arms around his neck. Their height difference had her on her tippy-toes and him bending to meet her lips. Sophie closed her eyes as Keefe's hands snaked around her waist. His cold hands rested on the bare skin where her shirt was riding up and sent shivers up her spine.

The gentle kiss was becoming increasingly intense. Sophie felt Keefe's tongue slide across her lips and she parted her lips ever so slightly to let his tongue roam. Her hand slid up his chest and cupped his cheek, bringing them closer.

Her heart raced. They'd only ever kissed a few times since they started dating, but this was new. And she loved every part of it. Their mouths moved together in sync. They breathed each other. Their hands raced across each other. It just felt so...right.

Hesitantly, they pulled apart, gasping for air. At some point, Sophie's hands must've ended up in Keefe's hair, seeing as it was dishelved. But it only made him look even more beautiful. His lips were swollen and were now a deep pink. She could only imagine the state of her own looks. Sophie ran her thumb across Keefe's lips, wanting to kiss him again. But she knew if they were out any longer, they would get caught.

"We should probably go back now," Sophie said, still staring at Keefe's lips. He nodded slowly in agreement. But neither of them made any attempt to move from their position.

"You look beautiful," Keefe said, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. Sophie doubted that, but she smiled anyway, shifting her gaze to his eyes. His alluring, entrancing, ice blue eyes.

"Keefe," Sophie started. "Have I ever told you that I really, really, really like you?"

"That sure was a lot of 'really's'," Keefe said. "But I really, really, really like you too. More than you'll ever know. In fact, I like you so much it hurts."

"I highly doubt that," Sophie said, grinning wider. She wanted to say those three magic words. But standing there in the cramped janitor's closet, it didn't seem right.

She heard the click of a doorknob turning. Sophie and Keefe exchanged glances, their eyes wide, before they jumped away. Thankfully, Keefe had remembered to lock the door and nobody was able to get in. They heard the muffled sound of footsteps fading away to collect keys.

Sophie carefully unlocked and opened the door, peeking out. She gestured for Keefe to follow her. She took his hand and they scurried out of the closet before anybody could return.

They ran to the classroom, hands clasped together. They stopped by the door, catching their breath before looking at each other and laughing. Their hands were on their knees, and they couldn't stop laughing.

Keefe looked down, but Sophie continued to admire him. She thought of those magic words.

I love you, Keefe.

Word count: 866

A/N - y'all. I read stellarlune. It was so good. I almost cried when i remembered i'd hafta wait another year for the next book, but it was so worth it because holy shit.

Also, hope you enjoyed that chapter!! Idk if it was really bad but im praying its not super disgusting.