9

'Knock' 'Knock' I hear a slight knock from the other side of my door, I open my tired eyes and try to shift my body up.

"Who is it?" I say loud enough for the person to hear me.
"Dad" I hear dads familiar voice.
I fix my posture and lean on the head board of the bed.
"Come in" right as I say that I see dad step into frame, he walks into my room.
"Good morning Vale" he walks closer and sits on the edge of the bed.
He has to be mad because I didn't text him back last night, that's probably what he's here to tell me.
"Morning" I offer him a smile.
"Did you come in late last night?"
"Yes, sorry about that I know you texted me" I give him a worried look.
"It's ok, don't worry about it. I have a surprise for you" Oh wow, then I guess it's nothing bad and he's not here to yell at me.
"A surprise?" I give him furred brows, because I'm confused, it's not my birthday.
"Yes, now come on get changed and then come downstairs." He gets up from bed and walks to the door to exit the room and closes it.

I've changed into something and did all my necessities in the bathroom, I'm now walking downstairs.
In the background, I hear chatter coming from Beatrice and the service lady.

I get to the first floor and walk over to the living area, where I hear the chatter coming from.

"Hi, sweetie. Good morning" Beatrice sees me and gives me a smile.
"Hey" I smile back.
"We'll come on now 'she gets up from the couch and takes my arm, and starts taking me towards the hallway' the surprise is waiting for you"
"You know about it?" I turn my head to see her.
"Yes, of course. I helped him pick it out"

Beatrice and I are now standing by the front door, she extends her arm and grabs the door knob, to open it.
Before she lets me walk out, she puts her hands in front of my eyes to cover them.
"Just be careful coming through here" she tells me when we make it out the door, she still has her hands covering my eyes.
"Ok remember there's a few steps right here"
We walked down the steps and now we're walking on the flat driveway.
She then stops me.
"Ready"
"Yes" I say.
"Ok" and she takes her hand away from eyes and I open them.

To see the a black Range Rover with a red bow on top of it and dad standing right next to it.
I walk myself towards them.

"Wait this is for me?" I say with a shocking tone.
"Yes. I thought that since you've been staying here, and I don't know if you want to stay longer, I thought it's best if you have your own car"
I walk over to dad and give him a hug "Thanks dad."
"Here are the keys, you should open it" he hands me the key and I unlock the car.

The interior is amazing is leather, and has a red  theme. It's perfect.
"I love it dad, for real you didn't have to" I turn to face him.
"I know but I wanted too" he smiles.

Isa called me and I've been on the phone for a bit, she's at her campus to talk to her advisors.

"So he bought you a car?" She says over the phone.
"Yes, it's so nice"
"Sooo does that means your planning on staying?"

You know I never thought about staying here, I always thought that I would just come meet this family of mine and then I would go back to Jen and James. But now everything changed, I really want to get meet dad, Isa and my other family more, I mean I did lose 18 years of my life with them because of Michael, so I think it would be nice to stay right now and then I'll see later on if I want to go back to New York.

"Im not sure but for now I'm here, that's what matters"
"True, I like having you here" Isa says.
"When are you coming back?" I ask
"I'm the next one up and then I'll be able to talk to the advisor, but I'll probably be in the city like in 2 hours or more depends"
"Ok"
"I'll let you know"
"Cool"
I hang up.