Chapter 2

Tosan wasn't in the mood for whatever Audu had to say. It was four degrees outside, according to his phone and his freezing self was just about ready to call it a day. Audu had to listen to him whining all the way to the nearest Tim Hortons. He was utterly exhausted but it was worth it to avoid however Tosan could have reacted if he found out about the man in his bedroom. There weren't many explanations that would have sufficed for a situation like that.

The tech guru tried his hardest to keep any worry for Tosan at bay but he could still remember his words from earlier. Saying he fucked up, that he was in deep shit, those simply weren't the kind of things Tosan would ever admit to. There was more whining but Tosan kept his mouth shut when they got to the front of the line and found themselves before a male barista with some makeup on. Audu smiled at the kid, nudging his friend when he continued to blankly stare.

Audu remembered when he and Gabe first met. One of the customers was being a 'Karen', as they were called there and asking him why he had earrings on and got more intrusive from there. Audu politely asked her to hurry up as she was unnecessarily holding up the line. They got closer over time from them. He was like a younger sibling to him.

He had to bite back his pride when the boy stared right back at Tosan, almost threateningly. It was definitely a huge difference from the one he had seen that first day they met. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, as the saying goes. Audu gripped Tosan's arm when he huffed and stepped to the front, ignoring the darker man when he shrugged off his arm with some hostility and popped his collar with his nose raised. Once a spoiled brat, always a spoiled brat. Why hadn't dear old daddy bailed him out of trouble this time, Audu couldn't help but wonder.

"I'm sorry, Gabe. He's... New. Very new. Just ignore him. I'll have my usual, just get him the same, yeah?" Audu glanced back, his smile strained as he whisper-yelled, "you seriously decided not to wear sunglasses inside today?"

Tosan shrugged in reply. After the brief interaction, he was left with only his thoughts. It wasn't fun in his head. He impatiently tapped his foot as he waited for the food, grumbling as Audu nodded his head towards the seating area. He stomped over there anyway and it took Audu everything in him not to smile at how dumb that had been to watch. He rolled his eyes instead, scandalised when he found Gabe, as innocent as he usually was, smirking.

"Ooh... Found yourself a top, fellow bottom?"

"You're nineteen, do not creep me out talking about that kind of stuff." He received an eye roll in response as Gabe moved over to the machines, working his magic. The sandwiches would be prepared separately by a different worker.

"Oh, please. We get it, you're a zaddy but I have a sweet boyfriend named Brandon and you are very lonely, I'm only trying to help you!"

"Trust me, he isn't one of us. Not even a little. Also, I. Am. A. Switch. End of story. Let's not make your 'baby' get jealous talking about that kind of stuff."

"Mhmm. You're not a switch, you're a power bottom, you are very fucking obviously a power bottom. I'm a bratty bottom. We've discussed these dynamics, you have to accept your identity you weirdo!" Audu could only roll his eyes. "He seems... Interesting, though. Kept eyeballing me. Is he... Like one of those people? A straggot, I mean."

Audu tried to deflect but couldn't bring himself to. Gabe handed him the sandwichs, gently mouthing "be careful" before he let go. He got a nod and anxious smile in reply, ignoring Tosan as he cried "finally", bothering a few patrons.

"You're an idiot."

"And you have got a... Very interesting friend, there. Am I catching some vibes, there? Isn't he a little too young and pale to be turning you gay? Huh? I mean, damn, Audu I know you're desparate but you have to go for the statutory rape of a vampire?"