Chapter 6

I didn't know anyone was reading this lol, I forgot I'd published it sef so lemme just continue~

Audu got home to darkness, cringing when Tosan whined softly about the ride being over. Sure, it was a ride for him but he had to deal with climbing up the stairs with a person about his own size on his back. His back felt like a ton of bricks and he really wanted to drop Tosan on the floor but he couldn't risk seeing him frown, again. Hearing him giggle all the way up? Tosan? A man who only laughed when he was being condescending, sarcastic or flirty? It made it worth it.

However, as he flicked the light switch, they were both in for a surprise as Noelle and Gabe yelled "waddup motherfucker", wearing matching sunglasses and pointing water guns at him. Tosan had already jumped off his back when Audu moved back sharply, startled. He hit his head against the door frame in the process, holding onto Audu's jacket from behind as his friend shielded him completely from the spray.

Once it was over, both stopped laughing when they noticed Audu was completely serious. He took Tosan's hand, trying to keep him shielded from them so he could go to his room because when he got out of this state, he definitely wouldn't like if they had seen him vulnerable. However, he did manage to lock eyes with Gabe and his glittery makeup, his eyes widening in what seemed like pure wonder before blindly following Audu.

Audu gestured to the bed, sighing when Tosan asked softly if he had done anything wrong, again. Damn. He had hoped the frown would take some time to return but there it was, sitting comfortably on the dark-skinned man's pretty face. Audu forced a smile and shook his head, taking both hands so he could pull him to sit down.

"You've done nothing wrong, okay, Tosan? Nothing? I just need to tell my friends - who have no respect for privacy - to get the fuck out!" He rose his voice at the last sentence, knowing for sure he had been heard when Gabe scoffed. Good. The sooner he was irritated, the better. Their presence was usually welcome but he needed to be alone with Tosan. He sent the dejected boy one last smile and walked out, slamming the door hurriedly when Gabe tried to glance inside. He didn't need the blonde seeing Tosan rocking back and forth, a thumb at the edge of his lips.

"Look... Guys, I would really love to hang out, especially when you know how much I love the impromptu visits-"

"Well, then we hang out! Problemo. Solved." Gabe smiled to himself while Noelle got off the couch to join them, shaking her head.

"Gabe. Respect that the man needs some space from us tonight. The water dousing was punishment enough for the gist he didn't share so we should just go, now."

"Well, yeah, but-"

"Brandon's probably super worried, don't you think? Sure, you told him you were coming here but it took Audu a much longer time to come back than we both thought. Shouldn't we be hurrying home by now?" Gabe gnawed on his lips, seeming swayed momentarily. He turned to the door and Audu smiled gratefully at Noelle. Sadly, Gabe wasn't giving up so easy.

"What's up with your roommate, Audu?"

"That's none of our business. Let's go."

"But Audu doesn't keep secrets-"

"Yeah, not when the secrets are his own but that's someone else completely! Drop it, Gabe, you're overstepping."

"Thanks, No, I'll just continue from there. He really doesn't feel well and I need to take care of him, okay?" Gabe sneered and Audu let out an exasperated groan. "Dude, I need to be there for him. You're not going to listen to me if I try to explain this to you so here's an order, since that's the kind of thing a twink like yourself would listen to. You've got to go. Right now."