Chapter 18

Joke Silva as Tosan's mother. Since I added pics of so many characters, I might as well add for one that's passed. She has such a beautiful smile, chai 🥰

"Audu... You know this is a bad idea, right?"

"I just want to find the girl and surprise him. That's all. I'm just going to try."

"I don't have a problem with you trying. My problem is that you're planning to get help from Kwame, of all people."

"He's the only person I know who would be able to find this information. He has ears everywhere."

"Exactly. He's fucking dangerous and obsessed with you. Which is why this is a stupid idea."

"He isn't obsessed with me. He just likes to screw me over a lot-"

"You broke up years ago! And he keeps fucking your partners. Of course he's obsessed with you! Audu. You are making a mistake. This can only go wrong. It's Kwame."

"I know. I know that. But I have to at least try. If it doesn't work out, I'll forget about it. But you know me. And you know how much Tosan means to me. I want to do this for him... He's been so amazing."

"As an idiot who's totally in love too, I understand. I'm worried about you... And I still think this is going to end badly... But I understand. The meeting should be quick and brief, yeah? If I don't hear from you thirty minutes from when you get there, I'll do something drastic."

"As long as drastic isn't calling the police, fine. He's a little much but he's not a psycho." They rolled their eyes and muttered "agree to disagree". Audu could understand why he was so concerned. Kwame always seemed to pop up, since they broke up. And every time he did, it was to fuck up any new relationship he had. But he figured, if the men were loyal, nothing would have happened so Kwame wasn't totally at fault. He just didn't know how to pick them.

Audu could only sigh. He had told his two friends about his plan and they were not on board at all. Currently, he and Nolan were at Timmies, waiting for Gabe to join them. He was a little too busy clearly being flirted with by a young Filipino customer to remember they were waiting for him, though.

Gabe left the counter, waving a quick goodbye to his friends. Nolan rolled his eyes at him but they still couldn't help but smile. After what Brandon did, he deserved to have some fun with a new guy. But they both made sure to text him to be careful on the groupchat and call if they needed anything.

When Audu caught sight of Kwame at the mall, he was sporting an unbuttoned red jacket that flaunted his bare chest and a leather skirt, knees spread apart. Audu sighed slowly and tried not to show how uncomfortable he already was, forcing a smile as he took a seat. "Hey, Kwame."

"How goes it, Audi? I'm surprised you wanted to talk. Been a long time since we had a proper conversation."

"Whose fault is that? You've consistently refused to respect my privacy with any of the partners I've been with since. If you can't be civil with me I can't be civil with you."

"It's not my fault I keep bumping into random hot men who get too caught up eyeing me to remember you." Audu shrugged and kept his eyes on the table, forcing himself to look right into Kwame's after some time. His usual smug expression subsided, leaving a softer one as he leaned closer over the table. "Everything alright with Tosan?"

"Yup. More than alright. He's been a wonderful roommate."

"Cute. But then why the fuck did you text me? I thought..."

"You thought wrong. He's the entire reason I asked you to come by today, actually."

"Oh? What is it you want me to do for your roommate, then?"