Chapter 3

As Callie drove her yellow Jeep Wrangler, she kept stealing glances at the man in her passenger seat

As Callie drove her yellow Jeep Wrangler, she kept stealing glances at the man in her passenger seat. He was messing with that seat until it was reclined at an acceptable degree. He laid there with his eyes closed and hands behind his head.

"Do you just find me attractive or is there another reason you keep looking at me?" He asked.

Blushing, she ignored his comment and said, "Don't you think you ought to look out the window? See if anything looks familiar?"

"Mm, no. I am pretty sure I have never been here."

"As sure as someone with amnesia can be?"

"Sure. Wake me up when we get there."

Callie bit her tongue, tempted to just pull over and kick him out. It was becoming increasingly obvious that this bossy attitude was just part of his charming personality. Taking a deep breath, she flipped on her radio. There is nothing a bit of music cannot fix.

They pulled into the drive and he proceeded to follow her to the concrete steps on the side that lead down to her floor. Even though her dad was not home and she did have her own key, it seemed rude to go through his front door. Her new charity case paused at the top of the stairs taking in the view. "You live on the beach. That's perfect."

"High market value but can't complain. Well, I supposed you can during hurricane season. But that is what insurance is for." They walked in after she took her sandy flip flops off. "Welcome to my humble abode. This floor is mine. Upstairs is off limits. That's where my dad lives. Pretty self explanatory. There's the kitchen and we are standing in the living room. I don't have a table cause this island counter is huge. The laundry room is an unfinished hell hole tucked under the stairs. Here is the bathroom. That is important. And through that door is my room."

He stood there looking around. "And my room is...?"

"You are standing in it. This couch folds out to a comfy king size bed," she said pushing her small glass coffee table against the wall below the TV to free up the space. "I just need to get you some sheets from my closet. Be right back."

As she turned to go, she remembered something really important. "Oh... um... just to be clear, my bedroom is also off limits to you."

He looked at her confused then quickly grasping her meaning, he inclined his head and scoffed, "That will not be an issue."

"Right." Good thing I don't have much of an ego or that would've stung. After dressing his new bed, she turned to find him standing there arms crossed. "There you go."

"It will suffice," he said.

"You're welcome?" He didn't seem to register her tone or if he did, it didn't faze him. Callie was beginning to think she made a mistake. "So have you remembered anything?"