Dumb Plans and Dumber Fails

"I hate this."

"I've noticed," Spidey replied as we stood on the roof of the hotel, wearing hoodies to hide our faces and suits. He looked at Liz and the others swimming in the pool through the window, the place he should be but was not. I pierced my lips and looked away, irritated but sympathetic. I knew what it was like, looking through a window, wanting to be normal but the universe refusing you. Unfortunately, it is too late for me but not too late for him.

"You know you could sit this one out? I do not mind going alone if you really want," I offered, forcing an encouraging smile.

"What? No, I'm fine. Plus I'm not letting you go alone, what if something happens?"

"I am high-tech miracle machine, I can handle anything, Spidey. But if you insist on making yourself miserable, we need to go now." I answered stepping back from the window with Spidey following my lead as I pulled up my hood and face mask. He tightens his backpack behind him and throws his mask above his face, making his suit flash blue for a moment before reverting to normal.

"Good evening, Peter," his suit operator greeted suddenly making Spidey jump.

"Hello? Hello?" Peter called our whipping his head around like an idiot.

"Congratulations on completing the rigorous Training Wheels Protocol and gaining access from to your suits full capabilities." The operator congratulated making me roll my eyes at him disapprovingly.

"Ah, thank you."

"So where would you like to take me tonight?"

"I-I-I put a tracker on someone. He's a bad guy," Peter stammered nervously making me press my lips together in an attempt to suppress my laughter.

"Really? No!" I snickered beside him making him glare at me or what I assume was a glare.

"Tracker located. Plotting course to intercept."

"Ok, well as long as we make it back in time for the decathlon, it's fine," he reasoned to himself.

"If we do not die that is-AHH!" I started but got interrupted when Spidey grabbed my hand pulling me down with me. I followed him as he jumped off the building, swinging onto the top of the truck, presumably heading towards the sellers' hideout.

After jumping onto a different truck and waiting for some time we finally arrived near our destination.

"One hunted meter from destination and closing," the A.I announced signaling the end to our ride.

"Jump now," she cues us making both of us jump off the truck, landing on a patch of grass nearby. After tumbling to a halt, Spidey starts running across the bank as I flew behind him, following his lead.

After running for a moment we stopped near an abandoned gas station.

"Detecting three individuals," the operator noted as I scanned the premises while crouching in the grass. Three figures were huddled together, talking about cleaning up the Triskelion mess and their findings in the rumble.

"Why is their secret lair in a gas station? That's so lame," Spidey wondered to himself making me roll my eyes.

"Not every villain is some evil multi-millionaire capitalist, Webs," I answered. To get a better view, I flew onto an empty price sign with Spidey right behind me and crouched down on top of it. Right after I landed, a new red warning popped up before my eyes.

Warning: Systems overheating

I decided to ignore it like usual since my cooling program usually gets that covered before anything bad happens. All I have to do is breathe and take in the cool, night air.