Deals and Disasters

Fun Trivia Fact #2: The afterlife and souls are canon in the marvel universe so when Peter dies he and Hailey will never reunite and Hailey will never get an afterlife. Isn't that fun? 🤩

After we sent those two weird dudes back to the Doc's basement we spent the entire night cleaning up after ourselves, restoring the utility poles and power lines so we didn't look like 'menaces' again. It wasn't perfect but they worked so I say a job well done, for the most part.

"Hey, May," Peter greeted into his phone right after his phone started ringing and I listening in to the conversation.

"Hey, Peter. I'm at work, and, umm... One of the guys you're looking for just walked in," I heard May say and we both froze. I saw his face fall and I swear I saw his heart drop the moment those words were spoken. We shared a look before immediately zipping through the air to get to May's job.

"May? Where's May?" Peter shouted frantically as we ran through the building until one of her coworkers pointed to the back of the room. "Thank you!" He thanked quickly before scurrying through the curtain that separated the employees only room only to reveal a very alive looking May with an older looking man probably in his sixties.

"Hey, here he is. Norman, this is my nephew," May introduced with a hot cup of tea between her and Norman's hands. Peter and I gaped at the very casual scene in front of us until he finally spoke up.

"Norman Osborn? I thought that you were..." Peter trailed off awkwardly, not exactly sure how to tell someone they were supposed to be dead.

"I saw Spider-Man in an ad for this place. And I thought he could help me. But you're not him," Norman explained with a weak, raspy voice in disappointment making my eyebrows scrunch together in confusion.

"Wait, so you want Spider-Man's help?" I emphasized, pointing at Peter as if there was another Spider-Man.

"He just wandered in," May explained shortly with a sympathetic expression.

"I didn't know where else to go. Someone's living in my house. Oscorp doesn't exist. My son..." he trailed off and even I felt a little bad. "Sometimes, I'm not myself. I'm... someone else. And, everytime he's in control, I can't remember. And now, I'm here, in this place, in this city, and I don't know... I don't know what's going on with me. I don't... It doesn't make sense," he whimpered and put his head in his hands defeatedly as we stared at him in dismay and May walked over to us quietly.

"He's lost. And I don't mean just in the cosmos. I mean in his mind. Are they all like this?" She whispered with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah. Well, I mean they all have their own, mental or physical issues," Peter whispered back, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Well, he needs help, but maybe they all do," May suggested looking at Peter and then at me making my eyes go wide at what she was implying we do. I looked at Peter expectingly, assuming he would agree with her instantly but instead he put his arm in front of me.

"What, you don't mean... No, May, this... This isn't my problem and this is definitely not Hailey's," he argued softly causing May to raise an eyebrow and give him a look.

"Peter, not your problem? Mmm?" Don't get involved, don't get involved, don't get involved, Stark!

"I mean... it isn't? No one can help them, May. You can't rewrite the future, time has a way of making sure things go according to plan. Even if we were able to help them that would bring them to an alternate universe while their selves from their own universe still die," I explained in a rushed voice but I could tell May didn't exactly get everything I said.