Gaslight, Gatekeep, and Girlbosses

I just realized this book is just the straight version of parksborn fan fiction BAHDSSHSGH

"Peter, I swear to god, if you are on that ship I am flying up there myself and ripping out your spine so I can throttle you with it," I threatened into my phone, talking to myself. It was my second time calling and my second time getting sent to voicemail. Apparently, alien ships do not have the best connection.

"If you suddenly and miraculously come across wifi in space, call me so I can scream at you. Bye, do not die," I added before ending the call and shoving my phone in my pocket. I pinched the bridge of my nose and groaned. The supreme sorcerer has been kidnapped along with one of the most powerful objects in the entire universe. Not to mention my boyfriend is a stowaway on the same alien ship with my father and I have no way of communication with any of them. Great, this is totally great.

And on top of that, I have to deal with rogue war criminals/ex-superheroes. Fun times indeed.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asked the group, referring to the weird aliens visiting Earth.

"And they can clearly find us," Wanda added. I had not seen her in person since about year ago but with the circumstances, it was not a priority to catch up and chat. I had not seen any of them actually since I helped Nat break into their prisons by hacking into the security systems and rescued them but of course I would never say that out loud in fear I would get arrested with them.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asked, looking around.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest," Nat explained.

"Who's Scott?"

"Ant-man, new superhero," I clarified as I continued to mess with a couple of my emergency batteries in my hand anxiously.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" Bruce asked in disbelief, looking at me as I shrugged. "Okay, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the universe. And he is not gonna stop until he... he gets... Vision's Stone." I pursed my lips. This is all my fault. I should have stopped Ultron, I should have gone with my gut.

"Well then, we have to protect it," Nat decided making me nod subconsciously.

"No, we have to destroy it," Vision interjected making everyone turn to him. "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something very similar to its own signature, perhaps... its molecular integrity could fail," Vision reasoned looking at Wanda.

"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation."

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it."

"That's too high a price."

"Only you have the power to pay it," Vision reasons, cupping her face in his hands but she walks away in disbelief to the corner of the room. "Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him." I stood there, shifting my eyes back and forth between them in deep thought.

If I could- no that would not work but...if I could change his power function and divert it to electricity-no, batteries not electric charge. I could reprogram his body to work together but do I have the equipment? Probably not.

"We don't trade lives, Vision," Cap argued.

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?" Vision reasoned, walking to Cap in determination.