Endings and Beginnings

⚠️PSA ⚠️ Do Not Steal Pigeons. Unless they're super cute. Like Bob.

Peter and I walked through the airport with rest of our class, hands clasped together as we trailed behind them. When we finally found our class in the wreckage that is now London we lied and said Peter and I were visiting his family that lived in Berlin who wanted to meet me and that we just decided to meet the class in London. Somehow they bought that terrible half-baked lie.

Thankfully Peter has a healing factor due to his spider powered so most of his injuries were healed, nothing too noticeable and the rest were excused for injuries from the Elemental as a civilian. "Oh, we were unfortunately right in the middle of the attack. We were just at the wrong place, wrong time."

When we got back to the class and everyone had accepted our terrible excuse I promised MJ we would explain everything to here just not right now. Which prompted her to give me back Bob who was happily relaxing in his cage. All our bags got destroyed from the blast but MJ made sure to grab Bob before the drones went after them. And that brings us up to speed to now, finally being done with airplanes and back safely on the ground.

"Hey Hailey!" Brad called behind me, waving at me as he jogged closer.

"Damnit," I muttered under my breath, closing my eyes as if I pretended he wasn't there he would disappear. Peter snorted at my reaction from far away as he talked with Ned and Betty making me playfully glare at him before turning towards Brad begrudgingly.

"Hey..." I greeted awkwardly, suddenly becoming acutely aware of Mr. Harrison and Mr. Dell only a couple feet away and how I couldn't just swear at him until he walked away.

"So after all that happened with the killer machines and monsters I realized something," Brad started making me visibly cringe, figuring out where this was going but Brad didn't seem to notice.

"And what's that?" I sighed after a few long seconds of silence of him staring at me expectingly, forcing me to answer him.

"That life is too short to be afraid of going for what you want," Brad smiled breathlessly as I continued to stare at him unamused.

"Poetic," I commented monotonously.

"And what I want is you," he confessed, taking both my hands but I quickly pulled them out of his grasp, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"Brad I'm aware. I just hoped you'd get a clue so you didn't get embarrassed," I admitted, crossing my arms around my chest as he looked taken aback.

"What?"

"I have a boyfriend, dude. And one who just almost died and you think now is the time to 'confess?'" I asked incredulously using my fingers as quotations, making him take a step back in surprise.

"Well I just thought-" Brad started but I stopped him, holding up my hand.

"Yeah, you thought. That's all you ever do instead of reading the room and being self aware. I tried to be nice which was a pain in my ass because being nice sucks but I tried, I really did," I interjected, the last part mostly to myself to justify myself. "I'll see you at school next semester," I said before walking off and leaving him standing there in shock.

"-but the journey they share together, will always be a part of them," I heard Ned finish as I walked up to them and Betty look at him with amazement.

"You are so wise," Betty marveled at him, cupping his cheek before walking past me and I stared at her before whipping my head back at Ned.

"What journey? What'd I miss?" I questioned in confusion making both of them look back at me.

"Oh we broke up," Ned replied casually and I blinked for a second. I guess it was a summer fling, not that that made a barely two week relationship look normal. Shame, they looked good together.