Morning, Darling

Sleep mode activated...

Sleep mode disabled...

I peeked my eyes open only to be slammed with blinding light making me groan quietly. I felt the soft touch of my blankets but something was different. I felt extra weight on my waist making me look down to see what is what until I realized it was an arm wrapped around me. I looked behind me to see Peters sleeping face and smiled warmly until I remembered last night. Wait...did I forget?

I furrowed my eyebrows and sighed, twisting my body to face him. I do not have a lot of time left, I know that. I knew that months ago and I still know this now but...for the first time in my existence I didn't want to go. I had an idea of how to stay, a plan that I didn't want to do. I'd rather die than do that but I don't really have a choice, do I?

My system, my processor, my mind was starting to crumble and starting to forget was not a pleasant sign of the progress of it. My entire being was pushing back against my body and literally everything inside of me knew I was supposed to be dead.

I'm a walking zombie. A rotting corpse. And again, this was all because my "father" couldn't pass up the opportunity to play god and feed his ego and I had to pay the price for it. Like usual because this...state is arguably worse than death.

But I have to keep on living, no matter what.

It's not like I can easily kill myself like a human because trust me if I could I would've been dead a decade ago.

I continued to zone out in my thoughts as I looked at Peters peaceful, stress-free face, something I can only see once in a full moon.

I sighed and opened a tab in my head and searched for good breakfast places that do delivery. I don't know how much Peter needs to eat since I just know what the average human eats but he has a faster metabolism so that makes my assumptions harder to place. Humans are weird.

I ordered from a nearby place, getting two egg sandwich's, a bagel, and coffee that would arrive here around 45 minutes which is good enough for me. And no, I'm totally not bribing him to forgive me. I mean come on, kind of person would do that hahaha...?

I settled back into Peters arms peacefully and closed my eyes, enjoying the moment for as long as I could.

I felt Peter shift under me, stirring awake but I kept my eyes closed. Don't ask me why because even I don't know.

I felt pressure lightly apply to my forehead for a moment until I realized it was a kiss making me suppress a giddy smile.

"I love you," he whispered so softly I could barely make him out. "Even if you are terrible at fake sleeping," he added with same voice.

"Rude," I muttered from his chest not moving an inch from his realization.

"You know you don't move at all when you sleep? If you didn't breathe I would think I was sleeping with a corpse."

"That is so romantic to wake up with your partner comparing you to a corpse. I'm swooning," I quipped back, lifting my head for my eyes to meet his before he laughed faintly. He leaned down, or forward I should say, and kissed my lips lovingly making me smile with giddiness. "Okay I forgive you," I grinned lazily and as we laid there just taking in each other calm presence I finally felt a little better about my situation.

"I ordered you breakfast, by the way. Figured you were probably starving. It'll be here in about half an hour," I informed right before he quietly cheered to himself murmuring a 'yes...!'

"You're amazing," he hummed kissing my forehead.

"I know," I assured before he laughed gently at something. "What?" I asked leniently, tilting my head.