Part Twenty Two

Nandu: manik! manik wake up! (Shaking him)

No response from manik.

A line of tension spread through her face. She instantly called doctor, and explained the situation. She did not inform cabir as she didn't want to tense him up early morning.

Soon, the doctor arrived and checked manik's temperature and gave some medicines. He asked the situation why he fell ill and asked regarding the previous day history. nandini told him that he is totally immersed in stress regarding his job and his profession. The doctor told that he should relax for a few days and resume his work, as he is mentally stressed now it would affect him very badly psychologically.

nandini finally sent the doctor learning on how to give the medicines to manik . it was 11 AM and she called up cabir

cabir was busy in his cabin thinking that how to convince the MNC about manik's talent as he was a fresher! But again he was feeling as if all his thoughts are waste as the MNC cannot take a risk. Soon his phone started buzzing.

cabir: yes nandini! Say!

nnadu: bhai!

cabir: what's up? All fine?

nandu: no bhai!

cabir noticed the tension in her voice!

nandu: bhai, are you busy?

cabir: no! Why? nandu tell me! Am I missing something?

nandu: bhai, cabir is suffering from high fever! (Stammering)

cabir: what? But he was fine yesterday?!

nandu: yes bhai, he was fine till last night till dinner, the fever took over in his sleep. Doctor checked him early morning and I called you to say the same.

cabir: how is he now?

nandu: he did not wake up from his sleep, once he wakes up, he needs to break his fast (breakfast) and have his medicines.

cabir: you don't take tension in this condition

nandu: okay bhai

cabir:  I am just a phone call away! Call me if you are not able to manage anything!

nandu: sure bhai!

nandu turned back and saw that manik was wide awake and heard the whole conversation.

nandu: manik, how are you now? Is your head aching? Are you feeling nausea? Giddiness? You want to have something?

manik: nandini, I am fine! Relax, I have fever, but you are fine! Stop freaking out!

nandu felt a little sad but

nandu: you go and brush your teeth, I will bring the breakfast for you.

manik slowly got down the bed but he was feeling dizzy. He managed to go towards the bathroom and started to brush his teeth, he sat down on the bath stool and was brushing slowly, as he dint have that energy to stand and brush, but it helped him realize

Voice over (manik)

I don't understand why both are so concerned for me? I mean they can allow me to arrange the money myself for the contract; instead they are on their toes that they will help me. But why can't they allow me to do it? Do they think I am not fit for it or what do they mean?

After a while,

I think nandu guessed that whatever happened had to happen and that's why she is helping me. And how can I even think like this that she is different from me? And they both are thinking like that? As per me, they both are the most genuine persons I have ever seen till date, then how did I ever think like that.