🦂London

High angle of 1933 London, Big Ben. The House of Commons and the River Thames twinkling under Tower Bridge. Thick dark thunderheads are rolling in torn by flashes of lighting. In a gorgeous huge white townhouse of Belgravia is where this story begins. Once again, Ashley finds herself in the company of her brother. It has been seven years since she set foot on Egyptian grounds but Rick on the other hand....
He and Evelyn just can't stay away from that place. Even when she was pregnant or when their son, Alex was a newborn they visited the great pyramids. Rick sighs while he carries suitcases in the library. "Evie I know what you are thinking and the answer is no. We didn't even unpack."
Evelyn closes the door behind Ashley who also carries suitcases. "That is the beauty of it, we don't even have to pack." Ashley scoffs and places the suitcase down. "You want me to drive you again to the airport" she asks. "No" answers Rick while Evelyn answers "Yes." "Just figure it out" answers Ashley mumbling and turns around to face Alex. Alex shakes his head sighing.
The O'Connell library is an eccentric, dishevel private museum. Two stories high, filled with tons of books and lots of ancient artifacts. Rick drops the suitcases. "Evie!" "It is just an oasis my dear, a beautiful oasis." "Right cool water, palm trees, cozy beach. What is the catch? There is always a catch." Ashley laughs secretly with his question. She rubs through Alex his hair. "And what do you want" she asks. "I just want a good nights sleep and maybe some jams." "Jams huh" asks Ashley laughing. Unbelievable that he took his moms accent. "You want some cheese with your jams" she asks jokingly. Alex wraps his arms around her. "I missed you auntie." "I missed you too baby cakes" she laughs and hugs the child. "You know what, while those two argue further about going or not going I can better stay around a while. Before they call me up to come back anyway." Alex laughs. "I'll make you a sandwich alright?" Alex nods greedy. "Don't forget the jams' auntie Ash." Ashley laughs. "I will make you into jam soon" she teases and rubs his cheeks. Ashley walks to the spacious kitchen and opens the fridge. "Oh Rick" she jokes and trows out molted butter. "This sucker weighs a god dang ton" she hears Alex yell. "Alex language" shout Ashley, Evelyn and Rick at the same time. "Rather weighty this" he says then. Ashley laughs and takes a knife. "Hey auntie Ashley aren't you joining Ahm Shere" asks Alex loud. "Alex" yells Rick again. Ashley looks up. "Ahm what? No I don't think so" she says and puts jam on the two slices of bread. "Tell him about the pyramid of gold. One block of it would be worth a fortune." "Alex" yells Rick again. Ashley smirks just knowing that Alex will come up with a great answer. "What? What language am I supposed to speak here? Hers or yours? Laughing Ashley shakes her head. "You know what I'll just speak like auntie Ash then." "No" yells Rick. "Hey" shouts Ashley offended. Rick rolls his eyes. "Asshole" whispers Ashley and licks the Jam of her finger. "Cheese or peanut butter Alex" she asks. No answer is heard. "Alex" she looks suspicious up. "Everything alright?" "Eh can I have both" she suddenly hears. Ashley grins. "Yeah why not" she says and grabs another sandwich. "Hungry child huh" she jokes.
Humming a song she whips Jam over the second sandwich. The doorbell rings loudly in her ears. Since it is not her house she ignores it. Not long after the doorbell rings again. "Ashley can you get that please" asks Evelyn. "Sure" she says and wipes the knife clean. She puts the knife down.
Before she can make way towards the door, two strong hands grab her tight. A colored hand slided before her lips as his arm, wrapped in dark cloth, slides over stomach. Screamingly she tries to escape.
A loud bounce is heard in the living room. "Sst" sooth a familiar voice. Struggling Ashley tries to get out of his grip. The man is too strong. Her heart races in her chest.
The strong man turns her around and then.. Ashley freezes.
She stares shocked in the deep brown eyes she missed so much. Her lips part a little bit.
"Ardeth" she whispers. A little smile rests on Ardeth his lips. She turns her head when she hears a scream in the living room. "No" says Ardeth and grabs her arm. Ashley looks at him again. "You... You were dead.. You.. I saw you die... How? Asshole" she says and smacks his jaw. Tears fill her eyes. Ardeth slowly turns his head back. "Ashley, you must forgive me once more. I had no" "Dont' say you had another choice. There is always another choice" she says angry. She wipes the tears from her jaw as she hears Evelyn shouting. She pulls her arm away from him. Hastily she runs towards the living room.
"Auntie" whines Alex and bumps against her. "Alex" she soothes and holds the child behind her. Evelyn seems to be in a fight with an African man. Next to him stand three turbans with scimitars. "Friends of you" asks Ashley and pushes Alex behind him.  "No" defends Ardeth. "Now we will kill you and take it anyway" smirks the African man. "I think not" yells Ardeth and slides next to Evelyn. "Ardeth" she asks surprised. "I hope you don't mind I let myself in" he says. "Ardeth bay" greets the African man grinning. "Lock nah" answers Ardeth. Lock-Nah and his men charge forward. Ardeth Bey and Evelyn parry their blows. Ardeth Bey takes on Lock-Nah and another guy. Amazingly, Evelyn goes sword-to-sword with the other left,Lunging, Trusting, feinting and Parrying like a pro. Ashley pushes Alex away and wrestles with the second one.
Alex dodges out of the way with the chest, he can't believe it. "wow Mum! When did you learn to do that?" "I have no idea" she says. Evelyn looks up at Alex who holds the chest tight. "Alex, drop the chest and run" she yells while she tries to push the guy off her.  One of the Turbans slams Evelyn up against a wall. He leans forward and laughs with rotted yellow teeth. Evelyn cringes, then knees him· in the balls, he screams and bends over, she knees him in the face, he yelps and pops back up, she decks him with a right hook. He goes down and out."That I learned of your father" jokes Evelyn. Ashley smirks and hits the turban who attacks her with her forehead.
The library is getting trashed as the battle rages. Still holding the chest, Alex slams his body against a bookshelf. It Topples over and crushes one of the Turban Guys. Another guy runs up and grabs a handle on the chest. He and Alex start having a tug-of-war. The guy finally rips the chestaway. Ardeth Bey leaps over and skewers him. The Guy drops the chest. Ardeth Bey yells at Evelyn as Lock attacks him; "What is in the chest?" Evelyn knocks another Turban Guy into a big glass case which topples over and smashes  to smithereens. "A bracelet from the scorpion king." Shocked Ardeth looks to the chest in Alex his hands. "You have the bracelet!? Get it, Get it now and get out of here." Ashley looks at the chest in the poor child his trembling hands and pushes her attacker out of the window. "Come one Alex" she says and grabs the chest. She hastily leads him through the debris. "But" protests Alex." Now, they must not find the bracelet" Ardeth says and looks at Ashley who runs past him without even a look. His heart sinks into his shoes.  Evelyn drops her sword and makes way to Ashley with the chest.  Ashley groans and pushes a guy out of the window.
This distracts Ardeth Bey. Lock-Nah slices him across the upper arm. Ardeth Bey tumbles back over a display case. Then Lock Nah sees Alex standing against a far wall with Ashley. He throws his scimitar. It whips end-over-end across the room. Alex dodges left just as the scimitar slams  into the wall, two inches from his head."Fuck" groans Ashley as she sees that the weapon drilled her red V-neck shirt in the wall. Blood pours over her shoulder. Lock Nah smiles and races towards her. "Evelyn" yells Ashley and drops the box. She tries to pull the weapon out of the wall. Evelyn grabs the chest and jumps out of the window. Lock nah looks angry at Ashley. He stares at Evelyn and groans.  Lock-Nah races out through the curtains.
"Ashley" yells Ardeth and pulls the weapon out of the wall. He looks at her shoulder and sighs. "I am sorry." "All you do is apologising" she says soft and looks in his eyes. "If you two are going to kiss I vomit" Alex says. Distracted Ashley lowers her gaze towards Alex and smiles carefully. "Let's find your parents" she says and takes his hand.
Hastily they run outside. Ardeth follows them a million questions no doubt. But he leaves them. He understands she is angry at him. But he just wished that she was a bit more happy to see him. Seretly Ashley is happy to see him. She wants to hold him but her heart is at the same time broken. He didn't say he was alive. She mournt him for almost seven years... while he was okay.
"There he is" says Ashley and points to Rick hiding behind a statue with Jonathan. "Dad" yells Alex.  Rick leaps to his feet as Alex runs into his arms. Rick hugs him tight, then he sees Ardeth Bey running next to Ashley. He notices the blood on her shoulder. "Ardeth Bey?" Then something dawns on him and he grits his teeth in anger. "Don't tell me" he says. "Yes, once again someone has removed Imhotep from his grave". Rick shakes his head. Jonathan is incredulous. Rick takes Ashley in his grip and hugs her. "You okay" he asks. Ashley nods. Rick looks at her shoulder. "It is nothing. It is just a little cut." Rick sighs and takes her close with him. Then he turns to Ardeth. "You are one special kind of stupid aren't you. You arrogant sack of lies. Just showing up here like that. You were dead?! All these years alive and not even a card? Nothing?! You know what you put her through? You know she basicly died almost?! Show him the cut." "Rick" says Ashley and takes his hand.  "My friend, I didn't" begins Ardeth but Jonathan stops him. "I don't mean to point fingers,but isn't it your job to make sure that this doesn't happen" asks Jonathan. "He·was well hidden under the ruins of Hamunaptra. But the woman who is with them, she knew exactly where to look." "Just like Evy knew exactly where to find that bracelet." Ardeth sighs. "I'm sorry, I did my best" says Ashley. Rick kisses the side of her head. "Well" begins Alex. "That bracelet is what they were after." Alex rolls up his sleeve to reveal the bracelet. "Well they didn't get it" he says. "Alex" yells Asley upset. "Werent you watching him" asks Rick. "I was making him a sandwich" says Ashley guilty. Ardeth Bey is shocked, he gently grabs Alex's wrist and checks out the bracelet. Alex is very excited. "When I put it on, I saw a mirage, the pyramids at Giza, then whoosh! Across the desert to Karnac." Rick scolds him."We'll talk about this later." He turns to Ardeth. "You have any idea where these guys went?" "That is why I came to seek you out. We traced them here to London, then we lost them." He pulls out of his pocket a photograph of the High Priest. "But wherever this man is, Imhotep and your wife will surely be." Alex rips the photo away and stares at it. "I know him! He's the assistant curator at the British museum." "Are you certain?" asks Ardeth. Rick  grabs Alex's hand, already on the move. "Trust him. He spends more time in that museum than he does at home" laughs Ashley.