🦂Magic carpet

Jonathan's Bentley trundles across the desert and up to a beat to shit airport hanger. A broken sign reads;  MAGIC CARPET AIRWAYS
The O'Connell's and Jonathan get out of the car. The hangar door opens. A wild-haired mechanic covered in grease, steps out.  He takes one look at Rick and immediately runs back inside, He slams the door and locks it. Ashley gives Rick a look. "What" he asks. Evelyn smirks; "I see you've met."  Rick sighs and nods. "Jonathan, get our bags, I'll deal with this guy."
Jonathan lifts the Scepter of Osiris. "My hands are pretty full" Rick snatches it away. "Now" he says. Jonathan sighs and nods. "Right, right, I'll get the bags. " "Sorry" whispers Ashley.  Jonathan scurries away. Rick walks up to the hangar door, pulls his gun and shoots off the door handle. Evelyn gives him another look. "Jesus Rick, again with the shooting everything" curses Ashley.  "Honey, you're not a subtle man." Rick holsters his gun. "I don't have time for subtle" he says. He kicks open the door, then courteously waves Evelyn and Ashley in. The African man is very upset, pacing and ranting. His eyes fly from Rick to Ashley to Evelyn back to Rick. "Forget it, 0' Connell I Every time I hook up with you, I get my butt shot off. See l I hardly got any butt left at all. Remember that bank job in Marrakesh?" "Bank job" asks Ashley. Evelyn looks at Rick and raises an eyebrow. Rick lamely tries to cover. "It's not like it sounds. Really." The man looks at Ashley. "I fly in low for the pickup, landon a frigging dime, next thing ya know, I'm lying' in the middle of the road, all shot up. My spleen hanging' out!" Ashley sighs deeply while Evelyn cringes. The man gestures to Rick; "and I see him waltzing off with some belly dancer girl! Ashley grins. "That's the Rick we know" she jokes. Rick pokes her. "Clearly, you and I need to get better acquainted" Evelyn says to the man. Rick slams a large bundle of cash onto the table, trying to change the subject. "We don't care what it costs." "O'Connell, you looked around here? What do I need money for? What the hell am I going to spend it on?" Rick punctuates his dialogue by pointing the Scepter at izzy: "Look Izzy, my little boy is out there, and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get him back." Rick notices that Izzy has been staring at the Scepter. He moves the Scepter to the left. Izzy's eyes follow it. He points it to the right. Izzy's eyes are locked on. Up. Down. Izzy's head comically moves with the Scepter. Rick smiles knowingly. Izzy finally points to the Scepter.  Ashley scoffs.  O'Connell, you gimme that gold thing there, you can set me onfire and call me names."  Rick hands Izzy the Scepter. Izzy grabs it. Rick doesn't let go of it. "Rick" says Ashley. "The men we're up against wanted this thing awful bad. Bring it along." "You think I'd leave it here?" Rick lets go. Izzy gleefully scurries away. Jonathan staggers up and drops the luggage. "Hey, where's my gold stick?" Ashley cringes this time. Rick looks at him. "Don't worry, we did the right thing." "We did" ask Jonathan and looks at Ashley. She lifts her shoulders and follows Rick. Evelyn pats his shoulder. They step out of the hangar, followed by Izzy, wiping his greasy hands across his dirty yellow shirt, and giving Evelyn and Ashley a flirty, rotten toothed smile. "You're not exactly catching me at my best" Ashley laughs and walks up to Rick. Suddenly she spots Ardeth and 12 medjai warriors sitting on horses. Izzy stops in his tracks, suddenly nervous. "And uh, who, exactly, are these friendly looking fellows?" Ardeth gets off his horse. He gives Ashley a warm smile.  "They are the commanders of the twelve tribes of the Medjai." He lifts his arm. "Horus" A falcon on the arm of one of the Commanders flies off and over to Ardeth, landing on his outstretched arm. Jonathan looks at Ardeth Bey and grins. "Pet bird?" Ardeth lovingly strokes Horus' feathers. "My best and most clever friend. He will let the other commanders know of our progress, so that they may follow." Ardeth looks at the other Commanders, then with an open palm he touches his heart and waves it towards the sun. "Harum bare shad!" The Commanders make the same sign and shout back; "Harum bare shad!" Then they rear their horses around and gallop off. "If the Army of Anubis arises,they will do all they can to stop them." Rick turns. "Get your airplane" he orders to Izzy. Izzy smiles. "First, who are all these people?" "This is my wife, Evelyn. And her very greedy brother" says Rick and pats Jonathan who has been looking to the stick while he grabs Evelyn in his arm. "So you got lucky" grins Izzy. "Eh" he says and pats Jonathan his hand again. "And this one you know" Rick grins and tickles Ashley. Ashley laughs. "Hell! Is that little Ashley?!" "I'm not little anymore" she jokes trying to figure out how the man knows her. Izzy laughs. "What happened with your eye" asks Rick. "Nothing, just thought it made me look more dashing for the girls" Izzy jokes and pulls the eye patch off. Rick pats him and points towards the planes. Grumbling Izzy walks off. "Don't worry, he might seem... strange, but he is the right guy" says Rick and kisses Evelyn her forehead. "We are getting our boy back." Ardeth smiles at Ashley and puts his hand on her. "Hold your arm like this" he says and stretches her arm. Ashley looks doubtful to him. "Horus" orders Ardeth. The falcon jumps hastily over onto Ashley her arm. Ashley chuckles. She gently strokes his feathers. "He isn't my only friend who is both smart, brave and beautiful" Ardeth says soft. A smile on his face. Ashley smiles and looks in his eyes. Just when she wants to kiss him Rick shouts. "Come on" he says and points to the back of the hangar. They round the side of the hangar. They come to a dead stop as they look up and see: A small golden dirigible, a blimp, floating in the air, held down by mooring lines. Slung to its underbelly is a decrepit old fishing trawler. An airplane propeller sticks out of the rear of the boat engine. It all looks very hand-made and jerry-rigged. Izzy stands in front of it, grinning proudly. "Isn't she beautiful!" Rick looks very annoyed. "It is a balloon" says Ashley not understanding. "It's a dirigible" "Where is your plane" asks Rick. "Airplanes are a thing of the past."  "Izzy" yells Rick. "Yeah?" "You were right, you are going to get shot" he says and unlocks his 38. Izzy dives but Ashley grabs Rick his hand. "No" she says. Rick does a slow burn as Ardeth shakes his head. "Why can't you people ever keep your feet on the ground" asks he.  The O'Connell's, Jonathan and Ardeth follow Izzy up the gangway. There are multiple banners slung along the side of the boat covered with names written in Arabic.  "Why are there names written allover it" asks Jonathan.  "That was my idea" says Izzy proudly.  "Your idea" asks Ashley.  "Yeah, ya see, I talked all the local merchants into payment with putting their names on it." He smiles broadly. "I call it: Product Placement"'. Ashey shakes her head as Evelyn laughs.  Izzy cuts the mooring lines. The blimp begins to ascend.