🦂It is going to be a bumpy ride

Lighting flashes across a mint condition Rolls-Royce Silver shadow as it races through the streets of London. Rick  is at the wheel. Ardeth is in the front passenger's seat, he looks over and sees O'Connell's tattoo,partially sticking out of his rolled-up shirt sleeve. Ardeth looks very surprised. Ashley looks at Ardeth sneakily. She sits in the back seat between Alex and Jonathan. Jonathan pokes her gently and sends her a warm smile. Ashley smiles and gently puts her head on his shoulder.
"O'Connell, if I said to you: I am a stranger traveling from the east, seeking that which is lost " begins Ardeth. Rick is stunned, then confused, he stares out through the rain whipped windshield, his mind racing back in time. "I would reply I  am a stranger traveling from the west, it is I whom you seek" says Rick. "Then we shall meet in the circle" says Ardeth. ""For the sake of the Widow's son" says Ashley soft. Her mind tracing back to her long-lost father. The O'Connell's looks at Ardeth both blown away, as if in a dream. "My father taught me that. It's one of my first memories, my only recollection of him. I never knew what it meant." "It means, my friend, that you are a Masonic Templar." Ardeth rolls up his own sleeve, to reveal an identical tattoo. "A "Medjai", like myself. Alex leans forward from the back seat, very excited. Ashley pushes him back. She shakes her head. "Wow look at that 1, What's a Masonic Templar, Dad?" "It's an ancient secret society, Alex" says Rick and looks at Ashley her nervous eyes through the mirror. "Dedicated to the Brotherhood of Man. Under the all seeing eye of God" says Ardeth. "My dad's an ancient warrior!" "Heck yes" laughs Ashley and fist bumps Alex.  "Ash, don't encourage him" says Rick and looks strictly in the mirror. Jonathan pokes at Ricks tattoo. "What's a job like that pay" asks Jonathan. O'Connell swats Jonathan's hand away. "I am not Templar. Some joker slapped this tattoo on me when I was put in the prison in Hong Kong." "It is not a tattoo, but a precise brand, there is only one print of it in all the world. It would only have been given to a Medjai father to place on his son." "All I remember, is that it hurt like hell" scoffs Rick. "When you're a Templar, whadda ya gat to do" asks Alex excited. "Our fate is to be a Protector of Man, your destiny, to fight evil, always" says Ardeth. "Fantastic" sighs Ashley and rests her head against the backseat. Rick looks dubious. "Sounds great" he sighs. "It is in the blood, passed down from generation to generation, from father to son" Ardeth explains. Alex looks elated. "Sounds really greats. That means I'm going to get a tattoo" cheers Alex. Ashley laughs. "You are not going to get a tattoo" Rick scoffs. The Rolls skids to a stop in front of the British museum. It's late, and there's not a soul in sight. Thunder rumbles in the dark sky. Ardeth Bey turns to Alex in the back seat, smiling kindly. Ashley looks at his kind face. Her heart flutters. All her anger fades away again. "To earn your brand, you must perform a feat which is both brave and wise" he says. Rick plays along. "That's right., Alex, so I want you to stay here and protect the car." Ashley kisses Alex his head and unbuckles her belt.  Jonathan quickly raises his hand. "I could do that" Jonathan hastily says. Alex gives his Dad a very sarcastic look. "Protect" the car. C'mon Dad,just because I'm eight, doesn't mean I "m stupid." Ashley laughs. "He is your son" she jokes. Rick grins and ruffles his son's hair. Jonathan gives Alex a forlorn look.  "If you see someone coming running out and screaming, it's just me" sighs Jonathan. "Such a wuss" teases Ashley. "Jonathan, maybe you should stay here with Alex" says Rick. "Now you're thinking!" "And Ash. Where you think you are going? You are staying as well." "Forget it Rick" Ashley scoffs. Rick looks sternly at her. "I am not joking. It is dangerous. I almost lost your previous time remember." Ashley rolls her eyes. "I've been sitting behind a desk for seven years. If you think I am going to miss all the fun this time. You are nuts" she laughs and gets out of the car before he can grab her. "Ai" sighs Rick and rolls with his eyes. Rick pops open the trunk. His gunnysack lies inside.He throws it open. Revealing pistols, a pump shotgun, a submachine-gun, and other weaponry. Rick gives Ardeth a hard look. He looks if Ashley is around. She is still talking with Alex.  "My parents abandoned us. I told her that they died in a crash. She can never know." "No Templar would ever abandon his children. He must have been killed, your father. He would have gladly given his life for you two. As you would for your child." "This seems to give Rick strength. He slowly grins, then reaches into the gunnysack with both hands and rips out the shotgun and machine-gun. "Ash" he yells. Ashley walks gently towards them. He hands her a 38. "Background, capiche?" Ashey nods and kisses his cheek. "Let's do it" he says and walks towards the museum. Ashley looks at the lightning and takes a deep breath. Ardeth rubs a hair out of her mouth. "Forgive me, please" he says. A soft smile appears on her lips. "I do" she whispers and kisses his rough jaw. Ardeth smiles gently and walks behind her.
Deep in the bowels of the museum is a huge storage area. In the midst of all the giant crates and boxes, ancient pillars and statuary, a sacred ceremony is being performed: The High Priest, Lock-Nab and all their Men are now painted gold and wearing priestly garb. Torches light the scene as they chant in a circle around the horrific petrified rock. Evelyn is groggy, but starting to wake. She's lying on top of a sarcophagus lid with her hands and feet tied together. "Evelyn" whispers Rick. Ashley looks at all the priests chanting. Then she looks over and sees Imhotep's petrified corpse stuck in the rock. "Imhotep" whispers Ashley. Imhotep's petrified-corpse suddenly shudders as the High Priest reads from the black Book Of The Dead. "Not yet" whispers Ardeth and holds Rick. "They will kill her if we act now." Rick sighs. "They will bring him back then." "It is a sacrifice we must make to save Evelyn" Ardeth whispers and looks at Rick. The high priest yells in Ancient Egypt. The O'Connell's  and Ardeth creep alongside an ancient coffin. A rotten mummy suddenly rises up inside it. Accompanied by roaring thunder and a flash of lighting. Ashley jumps screaming backwards against Rick. Rick  and Ardeth both whip their guns aroundand back up against a glass case. Another mummy slaps it's face up against the glass behind them. Rick pushes Ashley behind him. Together with Ardeth they quickly back away as all the mummies in the room squint and writhe inside their cases, trying in vain to break out. The chanting and reading of the Book reaches a crescendo. Lightning flashes across Imhotep's petrified corpse, which starts to come alive. His petrified tissue begins to animate. His tattered flesh and rotted bones begin to move. The High Priest and Lock-Nab are thrilled. lmhotep's rotted corpse steps free of the rock. The Priests stop chanting and prostrate themselves before him. Imhotep looks around with hideous empty eye sockets, they suddenly fix onto something. Ashley turns to see what it is. It's a young woman, striding down a corridor. "Who is that" whispers Ashley. "Anck Su Namun" answers Ardeth groaning. Anck steps up to Imhotep, who looks more muscular and handsome than ever. He looks into her luscious eyes. "Anck Su Namun" says Imhotep. "Don't be frightened" says the high priest and looks at Anck. "I am not afraid" she answers brave. "I am the direct descendant of the goddess Isis. I am the thirteenth daughter of the thirteenth daughter. I am Anck Su Namun reincarnated." she says. Imhotep stares back at her. "Only in body. But soon" Imhotep's fetid lips and rotted cheeks almost form a smile. "I shall bring your mind and soul back from the depths of the underworld." Rick shakes his head. "Ya know, a few years ago I would have been a little wigged out by all of this." Lock-Nah pours a vial of acid  into the keyhole of the Scorpion King chest. The metal smokes as the acid burns through it. The High Priest steps up to Lock-Nah and grins. "Lord Imhotep will be much pleased" says the high priest. Lock-Nah pulls open the chest. But only a vase is inside.The High Priest's face goes ashen."Suckers" laughs Ashley soft. "Where is it? Where is the bracelet!?" he looks at Evelyn "The O'Connell woman." "No" says Lock and continues; "She does not have it." Lock Nah his face slowly hardens. "But I think I know who does." "Anck leans in closer to Imhotep." "She is horrible" whispers Ashley. Ardeth and Rick nod. "I have a gift for you, my love." "She gestures. Imhotep looks. His face flashes hatred." "Her" he roars. "Evelyn" whispers Rick and crawls closer. "Rick" whispers Ashley. "And the other woman. The one who is always on her side? What about her" asks Imhotep. Anck shakes her head not understanding.  "You must get out of here" orders Ardeth. "Mister maggot is still thinking about you" Rick groans. Imhotep walks closer towards Evelyn. Lighting flashes across Evelyn, struggling on the sarcophagus lid, she sees them looking at her. Anck grins, cat like. "First we save her" says Ashley. "Again" sighs Rick. "Yes. I knew it would please you to watch her die" grins Anck. Anck snaps her fingers. A group of Priests lifts the lid. Evelyn struggles on top of it, then she notices they're carrying her to an open sarcophagus filled with wriggling scarabs. "Oh my god" Evelyn whispers. Imhotep's fetid lips grin at Evelyn as she's carried past him. "The underworld awaits you" smiles Imhotep. Evelyn is carried up to the sarcophagus. She yells at Imhotep; "You wait! I'll put you in your grave again." The High Priest steps up and gives Evelyn a creepy grin. "Our thinking was: ·not if we put you in your grave first." Evelyn looks down at  the squirming scarabs. Imhotep yells: "Kill her!" Anck grins in delight. Thunder cracks. The Priests tilt the lid towards the sarcophagus. Evelyn screams and rolls off. Rick leaps forward and catches her. Lighting flashes.And that's when Ardeth and Ashley opens fire from up in the catwalk. The High Priest, Lock-Nah and all the Priests dive for cover. The sarcophagus lid crashes to the floor. Bullets rip into the pillar above Anck's  head, she screams and hits the deck. "Her! Get her" yells Imhotep and points to Ashley. Ardeth races across the catwalk, holding Ashley her hand tigh while he's blasting away.  He is keeping everybody pinned down. Rick uses one hand to snap open a butterfly knife and cut the ropes holding Evelyn, at the same time, his other hand is pumping shotgun blasts. One of which blows a Priest backwards into another Priest, who falls into the scarab filled sarcophagus . The Priests scream wildly as the hideous flesh eating scarabs finish them. Ashley shoots hastily at the high priest who makes a run for it. A bullet flinches through his shoulder. "Ahh" he yells. Imhotep steps up to the black urn where his 'Servants" are kept. Bullets from Ashley her gun rip through him. He doesn't seem to mind. "Rise my servants!" Rick and Evelyn start racing up a staircase. "Ashley" he shouts and looks at Ardeth and Ashley who are taking shelter for the bullets behind a pile of boxes. "Collect your bones, gather your limbs, shake the earth from your flesh! Your Master is here" yells Imhotep. A mass of sands explodes out of it and forms into four soldier mummies.  Rick, Evelyn, Ashley and Ardeth meet at the top of the staircase, they look down and see the Soldier Mummies. "What the hell are those" asks Ashley trembling. "Not these guys again" sighs Rick. lmhotep points at them and then looks at the Soldier Mummies. He utters the words: "E-heeby-uut Set-nal" "Come one" yells Rick and pushes Ashley forward. He yanks Evelyn out of the door.  Ardeth runs behind him. The Soldier Mummies hunker into attack position and screech. The side door of the museum bursts open. Rick, Ashley, Evelyn and Ardeth run out. 'l'hey race down the alley. Behind them,the brick wall of the museum explodes as the four Soldier Mummies jump through it in perfect unison, hit the pavement, pivot sharply, and stride down the alley after them.·They run into the deserted street up to the rolls. "Rick" panics Ashley. "Where the hell's Jonathan?"  "A bright red double decker bus  careens around the corner. Jonathan at the wheel, nervously trying to maintain control. The bus slows. Alex pulls open the door. Ashley, Evelyn and Ardeth leap inside. Evelyn hugs Alex. Rick gives Jonathan a look to kill. "What's the matter with my car?" "We were forced to find alternative transportation" answers Jonathan nervous. Rick is incredulous. "A double-decker bus" asks Ashley. Jonathan points to Alex. "It was his idea" Alex; "Was not." Jonathan; "Was too" Alex; "Was not." Jonathan; "Was too" "Go" yells Rick.
Jonathan hits the gas and shifts up. The bus lurches forward. "Ouf" blows Ashley and falls on top of Ardeth. "Sorry" she says hastily blushing. Ardeth smiles sneaky and looks in her eyes. Rick gives her a sternly look while he pulls her up. "What" she asks and follows him. He shakes his head and runs to the back of the bus.  He sees the four Soldier Mummies stride out of the alley, two-by-two assault formation. They pivot and march right up and over his Royce. Severely crushing the trunk, roof and bonnet. Devastated Rick groans. "I hate mummies"he says and hands Ashley a riffle. The Soldier Mummies fan out, four abreast, and begin to accelerate after the bus. Rick looks at Ardeth. "Keep her safe" he yells and pushes Evelyn in his arms. "With my life" he promises. "You take the low road. I'll take the high." "Right." Rick runs to the staircase. "There's nothin' better than shooting mummies" Rick mumbles. He sees his son looking at him. "Except reading, writing and arithmetic." Alex just roll his eyes. Ashley laughs. Rick jumps up surprised. "You were supposed to be down." Evelyn is shooting with Ardeth and I am not leaving you alone up here." Ardeth hefts his machine-gun. Aims it at the back window. Surprised Rick looks at her when he sees a sniper in Ashley her hands. "You know how to shoot with that" he asks. Ashley lays the rifle on the bench edge and aims for the mummy his head. "BANG" Rick looks surprised up. "I didn't know you could do that." "God damn suckers but auntie Ashley is a babe" yells Alex. Ashley looks amused to Alex. "Alex" yells Rick.  Rick starts pumping his elephant gun and blasts down at the Soldier Mummies. He blows out several ribcages. All four Soldier Mummies instantly fan out and run up the sides of the building. running horizontal to the street, two on either side. Ashley her sniper rifles hits them one by one on the head. "Right" Rick says. One of the Soldier Mummies leaps off the building and plasters himself to the back window of the bus. He hits the rifle out of Ashley her hands. she falls backwards and rolls off the stairs. --WHAM! Scares the shit out of Ardeth Bey. He opens fire and blasts the window out.  The Soldier Mummy is ripped  in halft. The lower half of it's body drops away and hits the street. Groaning Ashley takes up the 38 and runs up again. Another Soldier Mummy leaps off a building at Rick. Rick fires. He blows it out of the air. He feels something coming and pivots, too late. Another Soldier Mummy flies through the air and tackles him. They both slam to the deck. Rick his shotgun skitters off down the aisle while he falls on top of Ashley.  Ardeth  pops the cartridge out of his machine-gun and drops it to the floor, he fumbles for another one. Suddenly, the torso of the Soldier Mummy he just shot in half swings in through the shattered rear window, screaming in rage. Ardeth starts backpedaling up the aisle, trying to reload. Ashley groaningly pushes Rick off and crawls up. "Rick" she mumbles. "Sorry Ash" Rick groans. "Rick" she yells louder and pushes him on the side. Rick looks at the mummy that scratches 3 bloody stripes over Ashley her jaw. "Hey" he yells and slams the mummy on his head. The Soldier Mummy up top grabs Rick' s throat and lifts him to his feet. He starts strangling him. Ashley hits on the back of his head but she only hurts her own hand. "Damn" she curse. Behind her appears another mummy who grabs her by her chest and troth. He pulls her high in the air. Her head almost against the roof. Ardeth backpedals up the aisle, having trouble reloading. The half-Soldier Mummy chases him, scurrying over the seats using only it's hands, like a crazed monkey, screeching wildly.  Evelyn and Alex see it coming, they yell at Jonathan. "TURNJ TURNI TURN!" Jonathan cranks the weel. The bus slews hard to the left.  Up top, Rick and the soldier mummy who is strangling him are trown across the angle. Ashley takes profit of the second mummy his distraction and lifts her legs. She kicks him hard in the stomach, kicking him out the window. Coughing she falls on hands and knees. So is Ardeth and the half-Soldier Mummy. Ardeth Bey's gun goes flying out the window. The bus roars into Hyde Park. Rick quickly crawls on his hands and knees as fast as he can down the aisle towards his shotgun. Ashley is in a fist fight with the mummy who jumped faster as she hoped back through the window. Ardeth leaps to his feet, unarmed. The half-Soldier Mummy rises up over a seat in front of him and lifts it's deformed hand, razor sharp four inch long fingernails grow out of its fingertips. It swipes at Ardeth and rips  into his arm. Ardeth screams and falls back. Evelyn and Alex grab him. Rick's fingertips grab the butt of the shotgun. He's almost got a grip on it. Then Ashley falls down on top of the gun. "Ash" he yells and rolls on the side for the mummy. Ashley groans and lifts her dizzy head. The half-Soldier Mummy screeches and leaps forward. "TURN! TURN! TURN!" yell Evelyn and Alex at the same time.  Jonathan crancks the wheel. The bus slews hard tot the right. Ashley rolls right in Rick his arms.  Rick his  shotgun goes skittering away from him. His eyes widen as he sees it tumble down off the stairwell. They get even wider as the Soldier Mummy behind him grabs his ankle and lifts him up. The other mummy grabs Ashley from behind. The half-Soldier Mummy swipes at Ardeth again. Rips him across the chest. Ardeth slams into the wall of the bus,dazed and hurt. The half-Mummy closes in for the kill. Evelyn hears something to her right, she looks: it's Rick his shotgun tumbling down the stairs. Evelyn grabs it. Pumps it. The half-Mummy lifts Ardeth up with one hand while drawing his hideous claw fingers back for the final blow. Evelyn spins around and pulls the trigger, BLAM! she blows the mummy in half.  Jonathan and Alex are staring out through the frontwindshield. Eyes widening in unison. "Uh- oh" they say.  Up ahead, is a very low hanging pedestrain bridge.  Jonathan and Alex in unision; "We're not gonna make itl"  Op top, Rick  is trying to fight off the Soldier mummy as it viciously strangles him. Then he sees something over the Soldier Mummy' shoulder. Rick's eyes widen. He throws a wild punch, knocks himself free. He fastly helps Ashley with fighting off the second mummy. He pushes her on the ground and covers their heads.  The Soldier Mummy looks down at him, then quickly turns to see what's coming. It's the bridge.The bottom two-thirds of the bus goes under the bridge. The top third is ripped clean off, taking the both Soldier Mummy's  right along with it. Ashley cautions opens her eyes. Rick sits up and helps her up. there's nothing but torn metal all around them. The bus races out onto Tower Bridge. Alex throws his arms around Jonathan. "Great driving Uncle Jon!"Jonathan hugs Alex with his free arm. It is obvoius how close they are.  Alex hears something to his immediate right. He turns and looks, A soldier mummy pops up into the open window.   clinging to the side of the bus. Alex, Jonathan and the mummy scream. The barrel of Rick his shotgun appears before the eyes of Alex. "Close your eyes, Alex" yells Ashley. Alex scrunches his eyes shut. Rick  pulls the trigger. The Soldier  head is blown off. The headless Mummy's body flies off the bus and out over tower Bridge.  Jonathan starts to shift down. Coming  from the engine is a sound like nails being dropped into a blender. This bus is a write off. Rick  looks at Ardeth. He leans back in the couch breathing heavily. "Ardeth" blows Ashley and whipes the hair out of his face. "Are you alright?" Ardeth Bey winces painfully.  "I prefer the company of camels. This was my first bus ride."  Ashley laughs and kisses him carefull. Rick  gives Evelyn a hangdog grin. She gives him a sexy smile, then lifts a finger and curls it, gesturing for him to come closes He does. She grabs him. They kiss gently. Jonathan and Alex both roll their eyes in disgust. "Oh pu-leeeeze." says Jonathan and Alex together. "Alex walks off down the aisle, shaking his head.The bus slowly clatters to a stop. Rick and Evelyn unlock and look into each other's eyes. Rick sighs heavily. He looks at Ardeth and Ashley who look deep in each others eyes. Ardeth carefull wipes Ashley her hair out of her facial wound. "No one is coming between them you know" says Evelyn. Rick sighs heavily. "Are all librarian's this much trouble" he asks? They both smile. Ashley jumps up when they hear Alex yelling. "Alex" she screams and jumps through the open window. Rolling she falls on the hard pavement. Alex she yells and lifts her head. Rick and Evelyn jump out. They turn and see him being pulled in a back window by Lock-Nah. "Alex" screams Evelyn. Ashley grabs the arm of Lock Nah. He smirks. "Just the one he wanted" says Lock and grabs her throth. He pushes Alex inside the car and lifts Ashley. "Auntie Ash" yells Alex. Ashley coughs and kicks Lock his face. He drops her. "Come" yells the priest and pulls Lock in the car. Lock groans and kicks Ashley one more time in her stomach. Rick races past her while Evelyn kneels down with her. Her whole body is covered in bruises and cuts. She puts her arm on her aching stomach and crawls together. Rick races after the truck. But the Towers drawbridge starts to rise up in front of him, cutting him off. The truck careens  off the far end of the bridge and vanishes up an alley. Rick staggers to a stop, looking like a guy who's just had his heart ripped out. "Alex" he whispers. 
He walks slowly back to where Evelyn and Ashley are sitting and places himself down. "Alex" he snifs. Ashley takes his hand and rests her head against him. Ardeth steps up. "Do not fear, my friends. They will not hurt your son" he says. All 3 stare at him not understanding. "They can not hurt him. For he wears the bracelet of Anubis." Evelyn looks at Rick. "He wears the bracelet."Rick doesn't answer. He  just wants answers, he steps towards Ardeth. Ashley nods. "He accidently pulled it on" she says. Evelyn smiles a little. "Alex said he saw Giza, and then Karnac-?" Ardeth nods. "When they reach Karnac, the bracelet will show him the next step on the journey, and continue to do so until they reach Ahm Shere." "Then we better get to Karnac, pronto." Jonathan looks devastated .  Just like Ashley. "Don't tell me I've got to go back to the desert" sighs Jonathan. They all turn and glare at him. Jonathan quickly shifts gears and smiles brightly. "Hey we' re going back to Egypt." Rick grits his teeth and pumps his shotgun, KA-CRANK! "I want my  son back" he says.