🦂Destiny

A fantastic full moon shines down on the floating balloon. A Thousand twinkle stars light the cold dessert. Jonathan and Ardeth Bey are sitting alongside the cabin. Jonathan's arm is reaching into a porthole, scrounging around inside for something. Ardeth is lovingly petting Horus. "It is written, that the oasis of Ahm Shere is where Man began, and where his demise will originate". "Yes, yes, sounds terrible, now about that gold pyramid?" "It is written, that since the time of the Scorpion King, no man who has ever laid-eyes upon it, has ever returned to tell the tale." Jonathan looks nervous. "Where is all this stuff written?" Then he pulls the Scepter out through the porthole. "There! Got it. Pretty nice eh?" Ardeth smiles. "Yes, and it must be very important, if I were you, I would keep it close." Jonathan proudly puffs up his chest. "The gods themself, couldn't take it away." "Izzy walks past and snatches it out of Jonathan's hand." "That's mine, skinny boy, keep ya hands off." "Jonathan looks crestfallen. Ardeth  just laughs. "Not all treasure is silver and gold" says Ardeth. Jonathan follows his eyes to Ashley who lays a bit further. She is in a deep sleep with Rick his jacket over her.  Jonathan nods. "Yes, she is quite a treasure isn't she." Ardeth looks at him and smiles. "The most valuable treasure I have ever found" says Ardeth and pets Horus. "The only one I find worthy of keeping forever." Jonathan sighs softly. 
The sun slowly rises over the gas balloon. The gold sand flies gently up here and there. Another day of flying. Ardeth isn't sure that he can hold it any longer.
The blimp floats high over the Nile, backlit by another gorgeous sunset. Rick and Ardeth are busy locking and loading, preparing for battle while Ashley takes care for Horus. Jonathan and Izzy are holding a staring contest over the golden stick. Evelyn just sighs and looks forward. "What kinda problems can we expect from our old pal" asks Rick. "lmhotep's powers are weak, but he is still quite formidable" says Ardeth. Evelyn strolls up, looking very worried. "We better get to Karnac before they leave it, or we wont have the foggiest idea where to go next." Rick looks over at Izzy, sitting up in the cockpit. "IZZY!" "I already told ya! " "Tell me again." "We'll be there before the sun rises. Cross my heart." Rick gives Evelyn a wink and a reassuring squeeze. Evelyn forces a smile and heads for the bow of the boat. "Ain't he a push off" whispers Izzy in Ashley her ear. Ashley laughs. "You haven't seen the worst of it" she says. Izzy sighs. "Oh lady, the stories I can tell you." "I have a little time" smiles Ashley. "No you don't" says Rick and pushes her away of Izzy. He gives her a warning look. Izzy grins innocent.  Evelyn lunges forward, screaming in anguish. "Evelyn" shouts Ashley and dodges over the edge. She grabs her arm. With her other she tries to hold the edge of the boat, but her fingers start to slip. "Rick" she whines. Her fingers slip off the edge. Her heart flutters while she and Evelyn fall down. A strong hand grabs her wrist. "You aren't escaping that easy" groans Rick.  Rick gets pulled right over the railing with them. He grabs a banner but the banner rips. Evelyn her hand starts to slip from Ashley her wrist. "Ash" she squeals. "Grab my belt" groans Ashley between her teeth. Her skin burns under the grasps of Evelyn and Rick. Evelyn grabs Ashley her belt with her second hand. Their descent jerks to a stop. Evelyn dangles from Ashley her outstretched arm, looking shocked. There's a half mile of dead air between them and the earth below. Rick  strains under the weight, fighting the tug of gravity. He gives Ashley an incredulous look. Ardeth and Jonathan grab Rick and together they pull the four of them back up. "Going somewhere" asks Jonathan. Ardeth grabs Ashley tight in his arms as he pulls her up. He places her carefully down on the wooden floor between his legs. Rick does the same with Evelyn. "What did you do" asks Rick.  All 3 of them heavily breathing. "I had a vision about the night Seti was murdered. I was... his daughter" sighs Evelyn and places her head against Rick his chest. Ardeth looks up from Ashley her face and places Horus, who sat down on some boxes back on his shoulder. "That is right. You are a reincarnated Princess." Rick looks at her. "What" he says. "It has been no coincidence that it is you that encountered Imhotep. "  Izzy sits up in the cockpit, gliding the blimp through the clouds again. Jonathan lights the fire in the barrel between them. "so I was Princess Nefertiri?" "Three thousand years ago." Jonathan leans in to Ardeth. "I don't suppose there's an inheritance we should know about?" "Jon" scoffs Ashley. Ardeth  just smiles and looks back at Evy. "Because of you, Imhotep was caught, and then cursed for all time." "No wonder they want you dead, Evy" says Jonathan. Ardeth looks at Rick. "Now do you believe, my friend? Clearly you were destined to protect this woman" Rick gives Ardeth a sarcastic look. "Right. Evy's a reincarnated princess and I'm descended from of an ancient brotherhood of warriors." "How else do you explain her dreams,and your tattoo?" "Coincidence." "My friend, there is a fine line between coincidence, and Fate." Rick shrugs it off, then wraps his arm around Evelyn,getting a little frisky. "You know, I've never slept with a princess before" "Gross" sighs Ashley. Jonathan just rolls his eyes.  Evelyn  gives him a big sarcastic smile. "No, but you've slept with a belly dancer." She gets up and walks off. Rick  looks really bummed. "Stop laughing" he says and pats Ashley her leg. Jonathan looks at Ashley and they start laughing again. Now even Ardeth starts laughing. "Aw c'mon, honey. She meant nothing! I married you didn't I?" Rick gives Izzy an angry look. Izzy starts whistling innocently and slides out of sight in the cockpit. "But if I am a Templar, she is a princess. What is she then" says Rick and points to Ashley. "Just like Jonathan, a sister or a brother. Only this one" he says and looks at Ashley. "Is now princess of the medjai". "Please" sighs Jonathan. Rick rolls with his eyes while Ardeth kisses Ashley.