A Lesson on Skin #1

OML THIS CAT IS TOO CUTE!!

Anyway, hiya grrls! Jane / phantasmbabel here!

Today I am going to be talking about Skin Complexions.

Let's go!

(I will use of 'colour' instead of 'color' because I am using English (UK) spelling.)

First we need to understand why we need to know this for fashion. It is important because we need to know what patterns, colours and designs go well with our skin. As the title states: #1 this is the first Lesson On Skin I will give you all. So, without further ado, let's explore skin complexions.

Did you ever hear someone tell you: ''That pattern suits you!'' or you ever notice a particular dress just brings life back into your friend's face? Well, that might be because the pattern (or the fact she is wearing block colours) goes with her complexion. Let me explain:

See this girl:

She has peach skin and light brown hair

She has peach skin and light brown hair. These two colours/shades of colours go together hand in hand. This means that she has a SOFT complexion. So, when your hair and skin colour match eachother so well they are not competing for people to stare at, you can say you have a soft complexion.

Soft Complexion girls best suit block colours or soft patterns, such as babybreath flower prints.

This even works with darker skin tones:

If you want to know what colour would suit you, wait for A Lesson On Skin #2!

Okay, the next one is quite exciting!

Look at this girl:

(I couldn't find a better pic of a teenager or something but I hope you can see what I am talking about with this one.)

Her eyes and skin/hair colour are fighting for attention. This can also happen with mixed race girls with blonde hair and dark skin. If this is the case for you, you have CLEAR complexion.

Clear complexion girls suit patterns and colours that attract attention also. For it all to balance and for the eye to not be overwhelmed by the features on the face (unless you want that as the focal point of you, wear a block colour with some form of different fabric or pattern that is less so eye-catching).

Hope you enjoyed!

Leave a comment which you are!

Until next time,

Jane Colette Sylph //