Winter closet essentials

By
daniela_bagnato

When it comes to a winter closet, you can pretty much get away with anything as long as you have these essential items. Not only are they important to keep you warm and cosy, but they make styling a breeze (that you'd probably get a lot of during winter). Continue reading for four essential items and why you need them!

#1 Plain long-sleeved T-shirts

This one is pretty obvious. A plain long-sleeved shirt is super essential in winter. Whether you want to add another layer onto your outfit because it's cold outside or you don't get cold easily and just want to match some snazzy pants with something plain, long-sleeved shirts are extremely versatile and be worn under hoodies, jumpers and jackets and as simple or fancy as you want them to be.

Some of my favourite ways to style my plain winter shirts is with my hoodies and under winter jumpers (sweaters for internationals). Having a few different colours is good too because you can play around with colour-schemes depending on how you are feeling on that day!

#2 Sweat pants or leggings

Another really obvious essential that everyone has! Sweat pants or leggings are your 'comfy pants' and (if you're like me) the pants that you wear literally 24/7 during winter. The cold weather and potential snow makes you sluggish and unmotivated, so you definitely want and outfit that matches your mood and is incredibly comfortable. Of course, sweat pants are your go to. I have seen plenty of ways that you can dress you sweat pants up or you can dress them comfortably with an oversized hoodie and messy bun. Similar can be done with leggings.

#3 Jeans

Another pair of pants, but I always have a pair of these in my closet. Like everything in this post, jeans are extremely multipurpose and can be worn casually with a pair of sneakers (sandshoes) or converses and a hoodie. They can also be worn classily with a pair of heels, boots or flats and a nice shirt or sweater.

I know, I know you're probably thinking about jeans being blue. First of all, you don't have to go for that classic blue, you can go lighter or darker if you wish. You can even go black or white (which I probably wouldn't recommend but you do you). Just remember, this is your closet so you wear what style you wish! Personally, I love wearing my black jeans casually and my medium blue jeans fancily.

Just remember, nobody but you controls your closet.

#4 Beanies

This next essential is not clothing (technically speaking), but an accessory that you need (especially if it snows where you live). Beanies keep your head and ears warm and can be a fashion statement. It also helps to wear a beanie when you're having a bad hair day and your hair doesn't want to cooperate (this comes from personal experience).

There are so many different types and styles of beanies, so there's one for everyone! Whether you like slouchy or classic or even merchandise beanies from your favourite artists or celebrities, you can find something that suits your style and taste! I really like a slouchy beanie I crocheted early last year, it's black, white and grey and super comfortable. Honestly, as long as it keeps your head and ears warm (and you look fabulous while wearing it) then it's doing its job!

Now that I've given you the basic essentials, you can explore the amazing world of fashion and dress yourself in a winter wonderland of put together outfits in your own style!

Thank you for reading!

Style on my queens!