A Lesson On Skin #2

Hi all! Jane // phantasmbabel here!

(British English language used: so color would be colour)

Today is my second last day in the SGC :'( so... I wanna make it worth while :')

Today I will give you my second and last Lesson On Skin. Let's go!

Last time we spoke about Complexions: what they are, how to find them and how to use them in fashion.

(Link is found here >>>)

So...now you know how colour affects the overall look, let's get into detail. If you have ever learnt colour theory or ever analysed a colour wheel, you already know half of what I am going to say.

So, first things first, veins - the blood-carriers under the skin. What colour are they? Look at your wrist. Are they blue, purple or green? Or are all the colours present at once (like me haha)? Well, whatever you see depends on your Undertone.

Your Undertone is a hidden colour pallette in your skin colour that gives it a significant hue or shade.

Now you know what Undertone is, take a look at this colour wheel:

Notice how half of the wheel (left) have warm colours and the other (right) have cold colours

Notice how half of the wheel (left) have warm colours and the other (right) have cold colours. This can even make differences between single colours (now you will understand an artist when they tell you 'that is the wrong green')

 This can even make differences between single colours (now you will understand an artist when they tell you 'that is the wrong green')

The warm green has a more yellow depth to it whereas the cool green has a more blue depth. This can account to any colour on the vast colour wheel.

So now you understand the basics of colour. Let's do a test on ourselves on our Undertones!

Look at your wrist:

1.) if it is blue/purple, you have a Cool Undertone. This means you suit cool colours like blues, purples and cool greens. Silver is more suitable for your skin tone.

2.) If it is green, you have a warm undertone. You suit warm colours like reds and oranges and yellows and warm greens. Gold is best for you.

3.) If you have all of the above, you have a neutral undertone. This basically means you good with everything. But there is always a chance you'd rock warm or cool colours better but Gold and Silver will still fit you best either way.

And that's it on my Lessons on Skin!
Take care and love your skin.

Jane Colette Sylph x