Chapter 5

Now that we have seen the birth of Arjun and Vidansha, let's rewind to a few days back, far away, to the palace of Mathura.

The dungeon was a miserable place. The place was dark, except for the few fire torches here and there. The soldiers guarded the dungeon with utmost care not to let anyone escape. Among the prisoners were a couple who seemed to be married not far before. The woman was the king's sister and was imprisoned due to a prophecy. Right now, the couple was expecting their eighth child and the woman was in great pain. Outside, it was raining heavily with thunder, lightning, and stormy wind.

Devaki, the mother, looked over to Vasudev, with anxiety visible in her eyes. "Arya, the atmosphere is so terrible. How will we take the child to your friend's house?" She asked.

"Worry not, I'm sure that Narayan must have thought of something as it is his own will," said Vasudev.

As if responding to an unseen cue, the heavy doors of the prison swung open soundlessly, and the chains that bound Devaki and Vasudev fell away, releasing them from their captivity. With a gentle smile, Vasudev tenderly took their newborn son from Devaki's arms and placed him in a woven basket atop his head.

Emerging from the dungeon into the stormy night, Vasudev encountered a surreal sight—the entire palace lay shrouded in a deep slumber, oblivious to their escape. Making his way to the banks of the raging Yamuna river, he faced what seemed like an insurmountable obstacle. Yet, in a miraculous display of divine intervention, the waters parted before him, creating a path for their passage.

As Vasudev journeyed onward, he noticed the celestial serpent Adishesh Nag, its hood spread protectively over the child, shielding him from the relentless downpour. Arriving at his friend's dwelling, he exchanged his son for the baby girl born that same fateful night.

Upon their return to the prison, reality shifted abruptly—the once-empty corridors now teemed with life as guards and inmates alike awoke to the new day. Their peace shattered by Kamsa's wrath, the couple faced imminent danger as he sought to fulfill the prophecy by ending their son's life.

However, to the astonishment of all present, the child slipped from Kamsa's grasp and transformed into Devi Yogmaya. In a voice that resonated with divine authority, she revealed the truth of Krishna's birth and admonished Kamsa for his misdeeds before vanishing into the ether. Thus, Lord Narayan descended to earth to uphold righteousness and restore cosmic order.

Days melded into months as time flowed steadily onward. In the secluded forest near Hastinapur, the serenity was punctuated only by the focused meditation of Madri and Pandu, their hearts united in their shared longing for a child.

Abruptly, a gust of wind swept through the forest, rustling the leaves and signaling the arrival of divine beings. Emerging from the ethereal mist were the Ashvinidevatas, their radiant presence illuminating the dim surroundings.

"Madri," they intoned, their voices harmonizing like celestial music, "your unwavering devotion has reached us. We are pleased to bless you with twins, both destined to master the art of healing. The elder shall be equipped in the art of interspecies communication. The younger shall be infamous for his intelligence. The elder shall be known as Nakul, and the younger Sahadev."

With their proclamation, they bestowed their blessings upon the hopeful couple before vanishing as mysteriously as they had appeared, leaving Madri and Pandu filled with hope and anticipation for the future.

Meanwhile back in Hastinapur, the pots began to crack one by one. Sama, Saha, Vindha, Anuvindha, Durmukha and Chitrasena were born before the twins. Durmarsha, Dussaha and Durmada were born almost at the same time as Nakul. Vikarna, Dushkarna, Durdhara and Vivinsati were born almost at the same time as Sahadev. Durmarshana, Durvishaha, Durvimochana, Dushpradharshana, Durjaya, Jaitra, Bhurivala, Ravi, Jayatsena, Sujata, Shrutavan, Srutanta, Jayat, Chitra, Upachitra, Charuchitra, Chitraksha, Sarasana, Chitrayudha, Chitravarma, Suvarma, Sudarsana, Dhanurgraha, Vivitsu, Subaahu, Nanda, Upananda, Krata, Vatavega, Nishagin, Kaavashin, Paasi, Vikata, Soma, Suvarchas, Dhanurdhara, Ayobaahu, Mahabaahu, Chitraamga, Chitrakuntala, Bheemarata, Bheemavega, Bheemabela, Ugraayudha, Kundhaadhara, Vrindaraka, Dhritavarma, Dhritakshathra, Dhritasandha, JaraaSandha, Satyasandha, Sadaasuvak, Ugrasravas, Ugrasena, Seenany, Aparaqjitha, Kundhasaai, Dhritahastha, Suhastha, Suvarcha, Aadityaketu, Ugrasaai, Kavachy, Kradhana, Kundhy, Bheemavikra, Alolupa, Abhaya, Dhritakarmaavu, Dhritaradhaasraya, Anaadhrushya, Kundhabhedi, Viraavy, Chitrakundala, Pradhama, Amapramaadhy, Deerkharoma, Suveeryavan, Dheerkhabahu, Kaanchanadhwaja, Kundhaasy, Virajas and Dussala were born after Nakul and Sahadev.

As the days turned into years, the children of Hastinapur grew, shaped by their unique environments. In the tranquil forest, the Pandavas grew under the watchful eyes of Kunti, Madri and Pandu.

In contrast, the palace-born children were raised in luxury, shielded from life's hardships. Surrounded by opulence, they enjoyed the palace's grandeur, their days filled with lessons from tutors and games in sprawling gardens.

Despite their different upbringings, each of them unaware of the challenges and destinies awaiting them in the unfolding saga of Hastinapur and the wider cosmos.

Okay, friends! *sighs deeply* I have successfully finished the birth of all the Pandavas and Kauravas. Since it isn't easy to mention the birth of the hundred and one Kauravas, I just mentioned their names. I'm not sure whether they are correct though. Well, anyway, I hope you all like it. The next two chapters will be about their childhood. So...bye-bye!!

bye-bye!!