Chapter 6

Years flowed by like the winding river, bringing with them subtle changes and growth to the children of Hastinapur, who continued to evolve in their respective worlds-some in the serene embrace of the forest, others amidst the palace's gilded halls.

The Kuru Family was now filled with happiness after a long time. The children, with their childishness and naughtiness, made the family lively, be it in the luxurious palace or deep in the woods.

A little boy of almost 11 years stood near a tree, his eyes closed. "...Ashtadasha(18), Navadasha(19), Vimshatihi(20)" He spoke. Then he opened his eyes and walked around, searching for his siblings.

A bit far from where he was, a boy of 6 sat under the bushes, not making noise. He was careful not to cause even the slightest movement that could alert his elder brother.

Nearby, on a tree branch, sat a girl of almost the same age (6), as quiet as her brother, looking down from the tree to find her elder brother.

A bit far, behind a rock sat a boy of 8, two laddoos in his hand, trying to eat with as little noise as he could make.

'Jyesth would definitely find Bhrata Bheem first.' mouthed the girl to the six-year-old who was looking up at her.

'Of course. Can you believe he couldn't stay away from food even during the game of hide and seek?' mouthed back the boy.

As predicted, the first to be discovered was the eight-year-old.
"I have caught you Bheem." said the 11-year-old with a calm and serene smile.

"But Bhrata Yudhistir, I was eating," said Bheem with a defeated sigh.

"It's fine Bheem. If you are hungry, you could have informed us." spoke Yudhistir.

"Children, it's time for lunch!" A woman's voice was heard.

The siblings stopped their game and hurried to their hut.

"We won yet again, Bhrata Arjun." said the girl.

"Yes Bhagini Vidhansha." said Arjun.

The children quickly finished their lunch with Bheem sulking at being found in the game. But his annoyance vanished when he got his favourite food from his mother.

After they washed their hands, Yudhistir walked to his father who was waiting for him.

"You three go and play. I'll come after learning," said Yudhistir.

"Pitashree, when are we going to start our training like Bhrata Yudhistir?" asked Arjun.

"I was thinking of the same, Arjun. You shall begin learning tomorrow. Arjun, Bheem, you shall accompany your brother early." said Pandu with a smile.

"What about me, Pitashree?" asked Vidansha, sadness and annoyance visible on her face.

"Putri, women are not allowed to learn the same things as men are. When you're older, your mother and I shall teach you." said Madri with a concerned look.

"But Bhratashrees are being taught now. Why not me? Now I will be all alone! Why are you taking my Bhratashrees away from me?" spoke Vidhansha, her eyes filled with tears. In her distress she couldn't comprehend what her mother had said fully. She quickly ran from the place, crying.

"Vedha! Wait!" shouted Arjun, who was closest to her, running after her.

"No Arjun. Don't come with me! I thought you all loved me but seems I was wrong. Go away! I don't want to see you all!" she cried running further away from the place, sobbing heavily.

Yudhistir and Bheem were about to run after them but their parents stopped them.

"Yudhistir, Bheem, you stay with the twins and look after them and help Mata Madri. I and Kunti will search for the kids." said Pandu.