44. Love is in the air

(P.S.- Don't miss the author's note at end... You have a surprise there 🙏🙏😉)

##########################

Dhruv's POV

"So you want to marry my sister??" Atharva said in a stern tone.

I gulped nervously and looked down as i was getting intimidated by the continuous glaring of the two men sitting in front of me.

Here I was sitting in the front of my soon to be in-laws. I was here to ask Dhriti's hand for marriage. It was a surprise for her which i had planned
with the help of our friends and my family.

When i told my family the plan about surprise, they were over the moon.
But permission of her family was also required. Today i am going to activate my plan and props her but before that i want her family's permission.

Dhriti has been busy with an important project since a few days.
So it gave me a plenty of time to plan this proposal without her knowledge. 

After Dhriti went to her work along with Stella, i rushed to her sister's apartment. When i told my plan to her family, her sister and her sister's mother in law were enchanted. But the men of the house were giving me constant glares.

I have met her family 3-4 times after we got committed.
They have always been welcoming . Though her dear brother in law and his father didn't like me much. They just behave cordially. 

I wonder why they behave indifferent with me 🙄

I got out of my thoughts when i heard a stern voice again.

"Are you sure you love her?? If yes, then how can you be so sure ??" Atharva asked again.

"I love her.... You also know that." I tried to sound confident in which i am sure i failed miserably.

"Why do think that we will give our precious daughter's hand in yours...Give us a strong reason??" This time Atharva's father asked.

"You can trust me... I will give all the happiness.. to your daughter.." I spoke.

They give me a hard look.

I was getting nervous by their intimidating looks. I was looking here and there for some help but this father-son duo had sent both the ladies to the kitchen.

"What you guys are talking about??" Dhriti's sister came with a tray in her hands making me sigh in relief.

"Nothing love.. Just some basic stuff" Atharva said smiling at me and giving me a hard look like warning me not to spill the beans. 😓

I was sitting there like a scared lamb.

"I know your basic stuff my boy.." Atharva's mother came and took a seat beside me.

Pheww.. I sighed in relief .

"Why are you scaring the poor child??" She asked sternly.

The father-son duo gulped.

"Nothing dear.. We were just having a casual talk.. Isn't it son??"
Atharva's father looked at his wife and the gestured me to nod in assurance.

"Shut up.. you old man" She scolded him.🙊😂

"Dhruv.. You don't worry about these two.. You carry on with your surprise..." Atharva's mom said and patted my cheeks lovingly.

"Yes.. Dhruv all the best..." Dhriti's sister Swati hugged me 🤗

The two men pouted in annoyance and glared at me.