27. Glimpse of Past

A/N- There are some past events which someone is revealing to Dhruv. Past events will be in italics.
As promised in last chapter next update after RCBs win...
Soo tadaaaa DOUBLE UPDATE
Here it is 😁🙏
Happy reading!!

##########################

Dhruv's pov

I reached the cafe and saw Mansi sitting at the table waiting for me. I went to her and sat on the chair opposite to her. She looked at me and gave a small smile.

"Hello Mr. Sharma... Great to see you here..I was expecting you here"
She said with smile.

"Hello Ms. Srivastava.. Were you so sure that i will be here?"
I asked her.

"Yess.. something in your eyes for Dhriti told me.."
She passed a teasing smile.

"We can drop formalities.."
I giggled a bit at her reply and said.

"Okay.. so Dhruv it's not going to be easy for you... She is not the same Dhriti anymore.."
She said and while speaking last line guilt was visible in her eyes.

"She is not the same.. means??
How do you know her.." I asked.

"She is not the same means.. We killed the carefree, sweet, loving,prankster Dhriti... The one who is in front of us is not that sweet girl...She has changed.."
She said while looking at her hands.

I looked at her but she didn't look at me. Then i asked her -
"Can you please explain.. i am not getting your point." 😕

"Me, Dhriti and Manan.. we were 3 friends... Me and Manan never think of her as a friend.. She was helpful for us while making our assignments , doing home-work and other stuff...
We took her too much for granted.... We all belong to Mohali.
There were some problems in her family.....She lives with her parents and elder uncle-aunt. She is elder child of her parents and has 2 younger brothers who are twins. Her uncle-aunt has 2 kids -elder son and younger daughter. Her cousins are elder than her. In her family they were never happy with girls. She and her sister were never supported by family. She and her sister both are each other's only support in past.
She used to take tuitions of small kids and study by getting scholarships. Her family never left any chance to taunt them.......They always used to taunt them and treat them as burden.
Both sisters had only each other as their family..... They both used to do household stuff, then study , do part-time jobs for their spendings..."
She stopped for a while and looked at me.

I was shocked as well as angry to know about her past life. Dhriti had no friends neither family support. I was angry at Mansi also. How the hell she can take advantage of Dhriti's friendship.

I need to know more so i offered her water kept on table to drink.
She took a sip and then continued speaking.

"....... You know there were so much problems but one thing was constant. Dhriti's smile. She never ever minded any bad comment or fakeness from people... She everytime gave a smile to us.... We said many mean things to her... She shrugged them off give her million dollar smile with twinkling eyes.... Everything was going same..
We 3 entered same college...
She was topper since beginning..
So here also same things get repeated. We kept our friendship with her for our selfish reasons....
Our college was going on.. one day our friends came with this bet that Manan has to make Dhriti fall in love with him and then propose her in front of everyone..."
I cut her in between.

"What the hell....How can you do this?? You, yourself are a girl. This is not a game. That girl didn't had anyone except her sister... She thought you both as her friends.
But, what you did??"
I lashed at her. She looked at me with guilty face. I asked her to continue.