Hoo's Gotta Crush?

Amity slowly walked up to the Owl House, trying to calm herself down.

She clenched her fist as she took in several breathes. "Okay, you're just asking her to hang out at the library. That's it, Blight! You've done this several times now. Should be easy!"

"But what if she doesn't want to hang out there? I mean...who would have fun reading books?" Amity sighed as she dug her hands into her hair. "Luz loves books just as much as I do. I-It'll be fine!"

She was so busy trying to get rid of the doubt in her mind, that she didn't realize a certain bird swirling his way towards her.

"Hiya, Amity!" Hooty shouted as he came face to face with her. "Here to see Luz again?!"

"Gah!" Amity flew back, falling in her behind. She glared at the bird. "You stupid bird! Go away!"

"Oh I don't know..." Hooty said, bringing himself closer to the Blight. "I heard some prettyyy interesting things just now and now I'm curious, hoot!"

"You heard nothing!" She tried to swat him away but Hooty dodged her hand.

"I hear everything! And it sounds like someone has a bit of a crushhhh~" He exclaimed.

Amity's cheeks turned bright red as she waved her hands. "N-Not so loud!" She said, looking around for anyone before clearing her throat. "I mean...that's ridiculous!"

Hooty then scooped Amity up by wrapping himself around her and held her in the air. "You doo! You said so yesterday, hoot!"

"You heard th- Oh titan, kill me now!" Amity groaned as she tried to wiggle herself out of his grip. "Let me go!"

"Love is so beautiful! Who knew such a scary girl would love a human!" Hooty ignored her as he hummed a specific song. "Oh! You fit this song perfectly! Pretty girl walks by my locker! My heart gives a flutter but I dont dare utter a word-"

"Shut up!" Amity yelled, as she continued to blush hard. She couldn't believe the bird tube was singing one of her favorite songs that Luz introduced her to. "You don't get to sing that! I don't l-love her!" She tried wiggle her hand free but Hooty just tightened his grip.

"CAUSE THAT WOULD BE AN ABSURD BEHAVIOR FOR LITTLE MISS PERFECT!" Hooty yelled as he danced with Amity.

"UGH!" Amity was slowly losing her mind. "If you're trying to kill me, just do it already!"

"Oh but that would leave Luz all sad!" Hooty hummed as he held Amity upside down. "I don't like sad Luz."

"We all don't like that either so LET ME GO!"

"Hmm... nah! I'm having so much fun. "

Amity sucked in a breathe before holding it as she tried to hold herself back.

"Hooty, what's with- What the?" Eda came out with a very confused expression. "Baby Blight?"

"Ms. Eda, please! I'll do anything! I'll even work o-or buy you anything you want! Just get him away from me!" Amity pleaded.

"Hooty, put the girl down!" Eda barked as she leaned against her door frame.

"Aww fine..." Hooty whined before unwrapping himself around Amity.

Amity was still upside down when he did so and she fell head first.

Eda tried to catch her with a levitation spell but she forgot she didn't have magic anymore. "Aw farts..."

Amity hit the ground with a heavy thud.

"What's going on, Eda?" Luz peeked her head from the window. She looked around and saw her friend face down in the dirt. "Amity?!"

Eda watched her apprentice slam her window shut and waited for the human to come down.

A few moments later, Luz ran out the house and knelt down to her friend. "Amity?! Are you okay?! Qué pasó?!"

Amity groaned as she rolled onto her back. "That's gonna hurt for a while..." She muttered before locking eyes with Luz. She blushed heavily at how close their faces were. "L-Luz!"

"You're okay!" Luz hugged Amity tightly, pulling her up to her chest.

"Y-Yeah hahaha I'm okay! 100% okay!" Amity laughed awkwardly. Amity then locked eyes with Hooty and her attitude did a 180 real quick. "Luz. Let go of me."

"Uh... okay." Luz let go of her friend, startled by the tone of her voice.

Eda immediately held Amity by her cowl as the Blight tried to charge towards Hooty. "Okayy! As much as Hooty deserves it, I can't have you beating up my only reliable security system here."

Amity growled before huffing in defeat. "Fine but he better not touch or even look at me EVER again."

"What is going on..." Luz asked, still completely lost on what had just happened.

Amity sighed as Eda let her down. She glared at Hooty once more before looking at her crush. "Nothing. I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out since you've been here for a few days but now I just want to go home and sleep."

"Aw I would of loved to! Maybe tomorrow?" Luz asked the witch.

"Yeah sure." Amity softly smiled before wincing at the pounding in her head. "I better get going."

Luz nodded before hugging her friend once more. "See ya tomorrow, Ams."

Amity hugged her friend back, blushing at the nickname. "Yeah, see you."

Amity let go and waved at Eda before walking away.

"I had fun! Lets play again sometime! And you should tell her sometime, hoot!" Hooty shouted at her.

Amity swirled around, turning red before sprinting away from the house in panic, fearing that Hooty would keep talking.

Luz looked at Hooty with an eyebrow raised. "Tell who what?"

Eda then stepped forward and pushed Luz inside. "Dont worry about it, kid. Now get inside. I need to have a word with Hooty, here."

Luz shrugged her shoulders. "Alright." She said before walking back inside.

Eda shut the door and turned around to glare at Hooty. "So what was all that?"

"Just having fun with young love!"

Eda sighed before shaking her head. "Leave that kid alone. As fun as it is to mess with her, I need my best guard at full power at all times."

Hooty pressed himself aganist Eda. "Okayy I understand!"

"Good."