Holiday Greetings

"Can I help?" Luz asked as she watched her moms bring in a Christmas tree.

Camila looked at her daughter and smiled. "You can help set it up, mija."

Luz beamed and followed her parents into the living room. "Ooo can we put the owl at the top this year?"

"Owlbert? Sure why not." Eda replied, setting the box down with a huff. "We'll have to look for it. He's somewhere around here."

"He can't be too far." Luz said. She looks at their clock on the wall and gasped. "I'm gonna be late!"

She rushed to get her shoes and bag from upstairs.

Eda and Camila watched their daughter with a smile. 

Luz bolted back down and briefly hugged her parents. "See you guys later! I love you guys!"

"Love you too!" They say as Luz ran out the door.

Eda looks at Camila with a mischievous smirk. Camila narrowed her eyes and reached up to flick her forehead. "Don't even think about it, mi amor." She said, walking away from the other women.

"Aww but Cammy!" Eda whined as she followed. "It was funny last time!"
================================

Luz had missed the bus so she had to run all the way to school. Luckily, Hexside was close by so she didn't have to run very far.

She ran through the gates and looked around for her friends.

Her eyes landed on green hair and she smiled widely, sprinting for that person.

"Amity!" She exclaimed, running towards the green haired girl, who looked up in surprise before blushing. 

Suddenly, Luz tripped over her own foot and was sent flying. She landed on something...well someone, who grunted in pain.

Luz looked down and saw that she landed right on top of Amity, who was looking up at the afro-latina with wide eyes. Her face was bright red. "L-Luz!"

Luz chuckled nervously as she sprung back onto her feet and pulled her friend off the ground. "Sorry about that!"

Amity brushed the dirt off her outfit before picking up her books. "It's fine. We were wondering where you were."

"We?" Luz blinked before looking around and saw her two other friends standing by with smirks on their faces
"Oh!" She said, hugging her two other friends.

"How come you are so late?" Willow said, withdrawing from the hug.

"Yeah, class starts in like 5 minutes! And you missed the bus!" Gus exclaimed.

"I was watching my moms set up the tree in our house! I sorta lost track of time." Luz said, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly.

The three smiled at their friend. Luz was so focused when it comes to her family.

The bell rang, signalling all students that it was time for class. Willow and Gus waved at Amity and Luz as they walked away. They had first period together.

Luz grabbed Amity's hand and tugged her along as they walked to their class.

"So what are your plans for Christmas break?" Luz asked.

"Oh uh..." Amity looked down as she frowns. "Not much I guess." She raised her head and forced a smile. "You ready for the quiz?"

Luz was frowning at Amity's response to her question. She made note to ask Amity about it later as the quiz caused her to panic. "I forgot!"