Growing Feelings Part 2

Luz sat at the table as she watched Amity at the cashier. She couldn't hear what she was asking but judging from her expression, she looked annoyed.

Wonder why she was annoyed... Luz thought as she debated on walking over.

Before she had time to decide, the customer just huffed and walked out the shop.

Luz looked back at the Blight, making eye contact. Luz flashed a gentle smiling as she waved.

The look of annoyance immediately disappeared, as Amity shyly smiled back with a wave.

This small interaction came to a stop as another customer stepped up.

Luz sent her a wink before turning back to her computer.

She really needed to get this done. She's been procrastinating all week and the due date came up so fast. Amity scolded her earlier for waiting until the last minute.

She had to write a story of her choice. Seems easy write?

Nope. Not at all.

Most students would slap words onto their document and call it a story.

But Luz is different. She has written many fanfics and each one had a plan to it.

You have to put pieces together to a story, so that it makes sense to not just you, but to those who are reading.

The due date was Friday and it was only Tuesday. She had two weeks to write this story out but she ended up not doing it.

Writing this story will take some time but if she can put work in, she'll be able to turn it in on time.

So why was it so hard to write right now?

Oh right...

Luz glanced back at Amity with a small blush. The girl was speaking to Willow, who was putting things together.

Luz let out a groan as she slammed her face down hard on the table with a loud thud.

Maybe she shouldn't be here to work... Amity was pretty distracting.

But they planned to hang out later so she couldn't just leave. She didn't even want to leave, even if she could.

"Uh Luz? Are you okay?"

Luz shot up in her chair with a loud yelp as she was startled by the voice.

She turned around in her chair to see Amity looked down at her worriedly.

"H-Heyy Amity! I'm good!" Luz exclaimed, leaning her hand on her face as she smiled nervously.

Amity frowned as she reached forward and ran her thumb on Luz's forehead. "You hit your head pretty hard, though. Are you sure?"

"Yeah! I was uh dozing off and just accidently fell forward." Luz lied.

Amity raised her eyebrow before shrugging. "If you say so."

"Not that I don't love talking to you but shouldn't you be working?"

Amity grinned as she flicked Luz's forehead, causing Luz to pout. "I was working but I'm pretty sure the whole place saw and heard you slam your face into the table just now."

Luz glanced around to see a few eyes on her, causing her to shrink back slightly. "Oh really hehe..."

"If you're tired, we can hang out another time." Amity suggested. Her eyes scanned Luz's face for any sign of exhaustion or discomfort.

"No!" Luz shouted before wincing at the volume of her voice. "I mean, no its fine. I wouldn't pass up any day to hang out with my favorite Blight!"