Chapter 24

Koutarou's breath stopped for a moment and his heart felt like it was about to burst as he watched the other one close his eyes. They were so close all of a sudden he could see how his dark eyelashes fluttered on his pale skin.

He closed his own eyes and bent forward, their lips not having met yet. He could feel the other boy's breathe on his and when he untangled their hands to run his fingertips over the side of Keiji's face, his skin felt warmer than ever before.

"Just kiss me already" the dark haired boy breathed against his lips and Koutarou didn't need to be told twice.

Their lips finally met and although Keiji's were chapped and dry, it was the best feeling Koutarou could've ever imagined.

His lips felt soft and warm and when the other boy tilted his head a bit and buried his fingers in Koutarou's shirt, he never wanted this moment to ever end again.

It had to, though, when the two boys eventually separated for air.

They shared anticipated looks while catching their breath and when Keiji turned away from him all of a sudden, hiding his mouth behind his hand to hold back a snort, it took Koutarou a moment to remember that this was Keiji's unique way of laughing.

"What?" Koutarou dared asking and blinked at the other, a pout starting to form on his lips.

"N-nothing it's just..." Keiji calmed down again and it was only now that Koutarou noticed the redness at the tips of his ears.

The other one turned back to him, gripping at Koutarou's hand and placing it flatly on his chest.

"My heart is beating so fast."

At this, the fifteen year old stilled and felt Keiji's heartbeat against his palm, making his own speeding up as well.

"It feels so weird... a few hours ago, this would've probably killed me."

"But it's safe now, right?" Koutarou asked with wide eyes and Keiji only giggled.

"I guess, yeah..."

"Y-you guess?" he instantly repeated with a loud voice. "That's not enough, Keiji! I don't want to be the reason for your-"

Before he could finish the sentence the other one had already pressed their lips together again in a long, dedicated kiss.

And when they separated again for the second time this evening, Koutarou didn't even have to think about the words coming from his mouth next. It just seemed the most natural thing to say.

"I love you, Keiji."

And when the other one responded with a flustered, but genuine "I love you too, Koutarou", all he could do was to pull him closer into another passionate kiss.

They slowly fell asleep then, talking and dreaming about the future they would have together, with their limbs and fingers carefully entangled and their foreheads pressed together tightly, holding at each other in their sleep.