chapter 18

***

Taehyung was out of breath as he reached back to meet his friends half an hour later. They had agreed on meeting again in the hallway where it lead up to the third floor. "They're going to let the whole third corridor lose the access to air!", he yelled out as he reached Jimin who simply stood there, next to Gigi, with a sad expression on his face.

"Doesn't matter anyways", Jimin hummed, biting his lips. Taehyung stopped and looked at him surprised, "What's with you?"

"No one is going to believe us!", Jimin snapped at the older, "I tried to tell like three different people and they all laughed and said that I should not be friends with you and your little sex-experiment. They think you're crazy and think that Namjoon should have executed you and Jungkook ages ago."

"Sex-experiment", Taehyung shook his head, chuckling in disbelief, "They'd rather die than trust in me."

Jimin however only breathed in deeply, "But honestly, how do you even know the thing with the air?" The trust that he had in Taehyung for the past hour vanished quicker than it came and mistrust sparkled in Jimin's brown eyes.
"Jungkook told me", Taehyung sighed, knowing how this sounded.

"So, the guy who is part of killing all of us just told you what you needed to know to stop him?", Jimin laughed out. Gigi was still quiet, looking down while listening patiently to the boys' conversation. "Yeah-, kinda", Taehyung hummed, "But he was tricking Seokjin while doing so. I think he's still on our side. He's just playing along."

"How can you know?", Jimin grabbed his own hair and ruffled through it in despair, "You cannot trust this thing. Jungkook killed Namjoon for no reason. Please, please for god's sake tell me you're not stupid enough to fall for his lies again. Jungkook tricked you ever since the beginning."

"I refuse to believe so", Taehyung shook his head, "What me and Jungkook had was real."

"You created him without emotions, Taehyung! Nothing was real", Jimin yelled out, "Wake the fuck up before we're all dead. Your little boytoy played us all and now we lost our leader and are stuck with some criminal as our principal. Thank you, Taehyung. Really."
Taehyung was lost of words, looking around for help but the others were still gone. It was only Gigi who slowly looked up, coughing slightly before she spoke up for the first time. Taehyung had never heard the girl talking to anyone else but Jimin before, she was really reserved and kept together.

"We're not robots", she said quietly, her voice sounding sweet as ever, "We're created as superhumans."

The two boys looked at her frustratedly. "SO WHAT?", Jimin yelled out, the girl flinching as he raised his voice at her. "Jimin", Taehyung grumbled, trying to calm him down.
"No. We're fucked and this dumb bitch has nothing better to do than to-"

Gigi stomped her foot on the ground, making Jimin shut up mid-sentence.
"We're still part human!", she yelled out, "There is no such thing as coming without emotion!"

"What?!", now Taehyung and Jimin both were paying attention.

Gigi threw her blonde hair back and looked at them with sparkly eyes, "Jungkook always had emotion. He just knew how to hide them well enough."
She turned around and was about to leave when Jimin pulled her back on her wrist, looking at her with big eyes, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Away from you!", she yelled out, "You call Jungkook sex-experiment when all you ever used me for was for sex! Jungkook at least got to feel love."
She pulled her wrist free with such a strength that Jimin bounced back, staring at her with widened eyes, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I'm done!", Gigi yelled again, "You suck and I kept quiet for so long. I really hope you die in the third corridor today. You fucking deserve it."
Then she grabbed Taehyung by his hand and pulled him forwards, "Let's go and help Jungkook!"

Taehyung stumbled after her, still fully overwhelmed from what just happened while Jimin was left behind, standing there numbly.
Not in a million lifetimes would he have thought that Gigi was even able to stand up against him.

*

They rushed back to the laboratory where they found Jungkook inside, all by himself. He was silently working on something, pressing a couple of buttons with short cuts on it that Taehyung had no clue how to translate them.
"Jungkook", he breathed out, Gigi slammed the door shut behind them. "We need a plan, fast."

The boy looked up from his task and stared at Taehyung with blank eyes, "What do you mean?", he asked, pointing to his ear. He seemed to be still connected to Seokjin via the headset thingy.

Taehyung and Gigi went silent, looking at each other.
For a while there was a silence, until Jungkook pulled the in-ears out of his ears and kicked them to the floor, smashing them with his feet. "We have like ten minutes until he notices that I'm gone from the connection. We gotta think fast", the boy said.
Taehyung felt like a huge weight was lifting from his chest as he saw Jungkook smiling at him.

"I think it's obvious what we have to do. Kill Seokjin", she hummed.

Jungkook nodded, "I have an idea. I am in charge of programming the third corridor thing. But what if I programm it to cut the air off in the room Seokjin is in at that time instead?"
"How would we know where it is?", Taehyung asked.

"One of us has to be with him", Jungkook shrugged, "And that would be me."

"No", Taehyung smiled bitterly, "That is never going to happen. We need another plan."

Jungkook sighed quietly, looking at Gigi for a while, "Can you go and take a look when Seokjin is coming?"
The girl knew that she wasn't wanted in here for now and nodded hurriedly, rushing outside. Now it was just Taehyung and Jungkook. "We could also land the ship."
"What? Land the ship where?", Taehyung laughed out.

Jungkook bit his lips, "Earth."

Taehyung gasped, heart beating out of his chest, "The aliens will see us before we land and kill us so quickly.."

"Not if we crash fast enough", Jungkook said quietly, looking numbly. He didn't even seem concerned or worried at all.
"Crash?", Taehyung stared at him shocked, "Crashing a spaceship sounds deadly as fuck."

Jungkook nodded, "Yeah but-" He turned his head and pointed onto a small cabin that was big enough for two people to sit in, "This won't burn. We'll land."

Taehyung started shaking his head, he had seen this before. Somehow this whole thing sounded oddly familiar and he had no clue why this reminded him of something he had seen before. "Everyone else will burn", he stated and Jungkook nodded. "We can't even save Gigi. Or anyone else-", Taehyung breathed out.

"There is just space for the two of us", Jungkook shrugged.

"We can't let everyone burn to death-", Taehyung whispered.

Jungkook looked back at the programms and started typing again, while Taehyung moved around the room, ruffling his hair.
"What other choice do we have?", he asked after a while.

"I can programm this until the point where someone has to push the button. I can lead Seokjin in a separated room and you can push the button. This way we can save everyone except me and Seokjin", Jungkook said.
"Is there any way you can escape the room before I cut off the air?", Taehyung asked anxiously.

Jungkook shook his head, "No, Seokjin will not let me out of his eye. He does not trust me", he chuckled, "If I try to leave the room he will follow."

Taehyung shook his head, "So it's either killing everyone or killing you?"
The younger smirked, nodding.

"You have seen this before, you knew this was coming, didn't you?"

***