chapter 1

so many ppl read the intro, thank u guys hhh i hope u like it!

***

It had been almost two hundred years since humankind left earth to save their lives after the alien invasion back in 2051. Not everyone got the chance to get rescued though, almost 90% of the population were left to die down there.

One kid, barely graduated university, had brought up enough bravery to start a mission to rescue at least a tiny bit of humankind.
Kim Namjoon, only 23 years old at that time, had started a project called "Project XYZ - coming home". He had always believed in it and with taking some of the smartest professors and doctors, he had a good chance of someday bringing humans back to earth.

They ended up living in this spaceship for almost two hundred years by now, always surrounding the earth with it, spinning in circles. The generations had changed and it was only Namjoon who stayed during all of it, after finding a small cure to death. With mixing it into his blood he became immortal, staying forever young.
He never gave this receipt away though, to avoid overpopulation.

Building up an army of superhumans, that what was Kim Namjoon's project had been about for the past hundred years. It was obvious that they would not get earth back without fighting a war-, but as the past already proved, it was impossible to beat the aliens with the bare hands of humankind. Those little creatures looked incredibly weird, yet were in many ways stronger and smarter than a usual human.
Namjoon adjusted his life to the study of biology and chemistry, trying to create the perfect human. With time, he realized that there was no way to create the perfect superhuman anytime soon-, he needed help.

That's when he came up with a university-like school, called "Space Academy".
A place where a student got taught the studies needed to create their very own exemplar, their graduation depending on whether they made it or not.
If it was another fail, they would try again.
If they succeeded, they graduated and made it to the official training to get ready for war.

This is where Kim Taehyung comes in.
A messy, 21 year old boy with the worst grades ever. His parents abandoned him when he was five, they literally jumped off the ship without wearing a suit and died right in front of the kid's eyes. They were done being trapped in a spaceship, as many others. Luckily, Taehyung was found by Kim Namjoon the other day, the young man raising the kid as if he was his own son.
He got into space academy, all excited for the first three years, working on his experiments day and night. Having his very own superhuman, it sounded like heaven to the young boy that had never something as real as a family, but this task actually gave him hope in finding someone to get through life with.

"Dude, stop staring at my girlfriend", Jimin groaned out, ripping Taehyung out of his thoughts. The boy had been staring at Gigi for a couple of minutes-, she was Jimin's creation. Gigi had been around for a couple of years already, Jimin was smart enough to make one of his first tries work. Yes, the girl had flaws and there were way more powerful superhumans around by now-, but Jimin couldn't care less.

Relationships between superhumans and humans weren't unusual at this point, Taehyung himself had have sex with Gigi, which was also the reason why his own friends hated him now, constantly mocking him for simply breathing.

Taehyung lived a lonely life.
He had already tried 665 times, failed every goddamn try to press the button. It always showed "S Y S T E M E R R O R" and the superhuman would die before it could even open up his eyes. Such a waste of time and effort, Taehyung hated it. He had no clue why it never worked, but Namjoon kept paying him the school's fee so he could try.
Maybe someday.