Chapter 1

8:00 am

Awoken by my morning alarm, I quickly got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I took a quick glance at my morning face before washing it. God, it is at times like this when i wish i could be like the girls from some rom-com movies, waking up with perfect hair and perfect everything.

I took my morning shower, ate breakfast and did all the usual before finally heading off to school.

Teenagers walking, running, buzzing, shouting and laughing could be seen and heard when I reached our school. And then I felt a sudden tap on my shoulder and turned around.

"Oh my God Aiki! You almost scared me to death" I exclaimed. Aiki, my best friend of 3 years or probably more is the one and only friend I have. You see, making new friends isn't really my thing. "You're not as early as usual today," she said.

"I know, our quiz for today kept me up almost all night. You can probably tell that my looking at my eye bags," I said and sighed.

"Yeah, yeah I can very much relate to that."

"Let's go to class and get done with that stupid quiz  A.S.A.P."

"Let's kill the quiz," she said with a sharp tone and fist-bumped me.

While i was taking notes, I felt a kick on my chair which completely messed up the notes I was writing as my hand slipped. I looked back and saw Haruto struggling to free his bag which was stuck between his desk and my chair. I helped him with it, of course, I had to.

"Thank you," I heard Haruto mumble. We had to be as quiet as possible while taking notes so I whispered, "You're welcome. But please be careful from now on."