Chapter 2: Dinner

^Madison's outfit

Madison's POV:

I was fast asleep, when I felt someone shaking me and calling my name. I slowly started to open my eyes and realize I'm not in the car anymore, and I'm in my bed. I look over at the person shaking me and it's dad dressed in a nice suit.

"Five more minutes", I say still tired.

"No, it's time to get up. We have to go to dinner, and you've already been sleeping for a little over an hour."

"Get up and get ready we're leaving in 30 minutes." Dad said looking at his watch.

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner. And what am I supposed to wear." I say jumping out of bed.

"Wear something nice, please maybe a dress. And I didn't wake you up sooner because I didn't want you to be cranky." Dad said walking out my door.

After dad left I went into my closet to find something to wear, I really don't like wearing dresses but I'll do it for dad. This seems important to him, especially since I'm coming because he knows how I get around new people. Usually when he goes out to dinner with friends or colleagues, I stay with the next door neighbor or the babysitter I've had since mom left about 3 years ago.

I don't really mind having a babysitter, because I know dad worries about leaving me home alone. And yes I know it's a little embarrassing since I'm going to start high school in a couple of months. But I really don't think of her being my babysitter more of a friend, she is about to be a senior in college and needed the extra money.

'Ok I finally found the perfect outfit', I thought to myself. It was a pretty floral orange/tan color dress, with white high top converse, also I couldn't forget about my little gold locket my dad gave me.

The next thing I do is grab my purse and put my phone, airpods, chapstick, and lastly I hid at the bottom of my bag my pacifier. I know what your thinking why does a 13 year old have a pacifier, it's because it helps with my stress. Ever since I was little I would get stressed out easily, and it's gotten worse over the last couple of years. Dad knows and he tried his best to break it, but now he realizes it helps and tries to help me. But that's enough about that.

I go to my bathroom, so I can figure something out about my hair. After about five minutes, I decide that I want two pigtail braids. Then I go out of my bathroom and downstairs to see my dad standing at the front door.

"Hey Dad", I say jumping off the last step.

"Hey Baby, you ready to go", dad says chuckling.

"I guess I'm just a little nervous, how many people are going to be there." I say looking down.

"About five, but I'll be next to you the whole time."

"Let's go get in the car." he says grabbing my hand.

At the restaurant

Mark's POV

We just pulled up in the parking lot of the restaurant. And I look out of the corner of my eye to see Madison with her pacifier in her mouth, my poor baby must be so nervous.

"Baby you ready, we're here. It will be ok, I'll be with you the entire time." I say looking at her.

She doesn't say anything for the next minute or two, just looks at me then takes her pacifier out of her mouth and puts it in her purse. And then starts getting out the car, I then start getting out walking over to her, and she grabs my hand. I start walking to the restaurant, with her hand in mine, this is another thing she does when she's nervous but I don't mind.

Madison's POV

When we get out of the car dad walks over to me and I grab his hand, this also helps me with my nerves. After that dad starts walking, once we get to the door he gives my hand a squeeze, and I nod. Once we get inside dad starts walking to a table with a lady and four boys, my heart starts to speed up.

The lady stands up when we get close and hugs dad then smiles at me, I give a small smile back. I look around at the boys at the table, one smiles, one just stares, and the other two look like twins and are both just glaring. After that dad sits down next to the lady, and I sit next to him, and the one that was smiling at me.

After about a minute the lady says something.

"Hi, I'm Jasmine and these are my sons. Boys please introduce yourselves." She says.

"Hi I'm Daniel, and I'm 21", he says smiling at me.

"Cory, and I'm 18. And this is my twin Carson." He says pointing at the other boy.

"I'm Jackson, and I'm 16", he says looking at me.

Jackson's POV

We're sitting at the table waiting for moms boyfriend Mark and his daughter, mom says that she's really shy and quiet. After about five minutes I see Mark walk in holding hands with a little girl, she looks scared and nervous noticing all of us. Once they get over to the table mom gets up and hugs Mark, the little girl looks over at us just staring. Once they sit down mom introduces herself, and then all of us introduce ourselves.

She then looks to her dad, like trying to tell him something. After that she looks a little more calm.

Mark then says "This is Madison, and she's 13."

*********************************************

There will be a Second Part