Chapter 7: The Car Part 1

^Madison's Car Seat

************************************

The Next Morning

Mark's POV

Today we are leaving to go on our first vacation altogether, I just hope everything turns out okay. We're taking my new Range Rover Sport, and then the boys are riding in there Nissan Altima since the gas will be better. I'm nervous because I don't think Madison realizes she'll be riding in her car seat, I'm right now in the garage installing it, and getting all of the bags packed.

It's about 7am, and Jasmine and the boys are supposed to be here around 8. We're trying to be ready to leave as early as we can without the kids being in a bad mood, hopefully Maddie will fall back asleep in the car, because if not she'll be cranky for the rest of the day or until I make her take a nap. I also have a bag that will be sitting in the backseat, just in case we need any snacks or she gets bored it will be an easy access.

The cooler is pretty much the last thing that needs packing, luckily that was the last thing and I got everything ready to go in it last night. I'm just about done packing it when I here little footsteps coming around the corner. "Hey baby, why aren't you still asleep?"

"I heard you walking around, and couldn't get back asleep." She said while walking over to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up, why don't you go get ready. We're going to be leaving soon, also don't forget bean."

"Ok daddy, while I do that can you please get me something to drink." She said while walking towards the stairs.

"Of course princess."

Madison's POV

I just woke up and dad told me to go get dressed, and to make sure I have everything I need. I walk into my closet and choose, a black and white striped t-shirt, with jean overalls, and my white converse. And I put my hair up in a cute ponytail, with a few strands hanging out and for my own touch I added a little white bow.

Once I'm done getting ready I grab my backpack and I also grab bean and put my favorite pacifier in my pocket. When I start to head downstairs I here voices, I guess Jasmine and the boys are here. When I get downstairs the first thing I do is run to dad and pull on his arm. "Yes, Maddie."

"Where's my juice, I'm thirsty."

"It's on the counter in a purple cup, after you get it come back so we can get in the car." He said smiling at me.

I start walking away until I turn around and see everyone staring at me. I just wave and run to the kitchen, while there just laughing and awing at me, because to them 'I am so cute'. I look around the kitchen until I see the purple cup, but again It's a no spill cup, since my dad thinks I'm going to drop it. At least it doesn't have princesses on it this time, and I'm thirsty so I'll still drink it.

I go back out to the living room and walk over to dad and lift my arms up because I'm still a little tired, of course he picks me up. After that he starts walking towards the door and locks it then the boys go to their car while me, dad, and Jasmine go to the garage. I still don't know what we're riding in, until dad walks over to the Range Rover and goes to the back seat passenger door. When he opens the door I saw the thing that I hate, my car seat, the last time I used it was when we went to grandmas and grandpas for Christmas last year.

I start trying to get down and tears start forming in my eyes. "Daddy please no, I don't need it I'm to big now."

"No, you're not. You're smaller than and weigh less then all of the kids in your class, this is for your safety. I would never make you do something you don't like if it wasn't in your best interest." He says while trying to calm me down.