Chapter 4: News

^The car

"Baby, me and Jasmine are dating"

********************************************

Madison's POV

I just look at him with a confused face, with my pacifier in my mouth. I don't think I heard him right. "What do you mean that your dating?" I say while talking a little funny.

"I mean that me and Jasmine are dating and have been for about four months. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I just wanted to make sure that it would work out." Dad says while looking in the rearview mirror.

I just stare for a couple of minutes, while sucking my pacifier trying too calm down. I finally look at dad and he's giving me an interesting look, like trying to figure out what I'm thinking. "Daddy why didn't you tell me, it's hard to believe. I never thought of you with someone other than mom." I say looking down.

I can tell he's thinking since he hasn't said anything yet, but finally he speaks up. "Baby I know I should've told you sooner, but I just wanted you to get to know each other before. She was actually really worried to meet you."

"Why was she worried about meeting me, I'm not that special. And I guess it's fine your seeing her if she makes you happy." I said slightly smiling at him.

"She was worried about meeting you because she knows that your the most important person in my life. And that if you didn't like her then it wouldn't have worked out. I'm glad that you like her, and I know it will take time to warm up to her and the boys." He said smiling at me.

At Home

We just got home and I was just starting to drift off to sleep. I heard a car door open and then close, then my door comes and opens. I notice its just dad, then he asks me something. "Baby do you want me to carry you or do you want to walk?"

I just make grabby hands, because I'm to tired to say anything. He just chuckles while unbuckling me, and then picking me up bridal style. "I don't know how your so tired, when you just had a nap a couple of hours ago." He says while unlocking the front door then walking upstairs.

After that all I remember is falling asleep and then being placed on something really comfortable. And drifting off into a nice deep sleep.

Mark's POV

We just got inside, I ended up carrying Madison upstairs since she was already half asleep. And by the time we were upstairs she was knocked out, and I lay her on her bed. And then I get some pajamas out of her closet and carefully change her so she would be more comfortable.

When I'm leaving her room, before I go downstairs I go to my room and change into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. Once I get done and I'm walking down I hear my phone start to go off, I quickly look at the caller ID and see its work. I pick up the phone.

Mark/ Work

"Hello, how may I help you."

"Hey, we need you to come into work."

"I was supposed to have the rest of today off, and then the rest of the weekend."

"I know but we have no one else, that would know what's going on. You're our best doctor."

"I don't know, I have no one to watch Madison. And then she just went to bed, I can't just wake her up and bring her with me."

"Is there anyone that you can call we really need you here?"

"I don't know, I can try to see if I can get someone. I'll call you back."

Jasmine's POV

I was in the car with three of my boys, and we were on our way back home from dinner. The boys are being surprisingly quiet. "Hey boys, so what did you think about Madison?"

"She seems nice, but she's also really quiet. I didn't really get to know her." Jackson says looking out the window.

"I don't know she seems a little weird, and she's really small to be 13. She looks more like she would be like 9 or 10." says Carson while playing on his phone. And Cory just nods his head agreeing with Carson and Jackson.

Just when I'm about to say something my phone rings, I look at the caller ID and see its Mark. I put the phone on speaker since I'm driving.

Jasmine/ Mark

"Hey Jasmine. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, but I really need someone to watch Madison."

"Hey, no it's fine that you called. What's wrong you seemed a little stressed."

"I am, it's just that work just called because they have this patient and no one can figure out what's wrong. So they called me, and Madison just fell asleep and I don't want to wake her up."

"Yeah I mean I haven't made it home yet, and some of the boys would have to come with me. But I can watch her if you need me too. But I would have to ask them too." "Mom, it's fine we don't mind if it's that big of a deal" Jackson says.

"Thank you so much, I really don't want to go in, but they really needed me. How long until you can be here?"

"It should take us about 20 minutes."

"Ok, see you soon. Again thank you so much, love you, bye."

"Love you too, bye."

"Thank you boys for being fine with going, hopefully it won't take to long. And if it does you can call Daniel to come pick you up." I say smiling at them, and turning around.

"It's ok Mom seriously, and she'll be asleep. So it won't be that hard, unless she wakes up to find us there instead of Mark." Says Cory while looking at me.

At Mark's

We just got to Mark's and let me just say that the house is beautiful. The boys haven't really said anything else on the way here. When we start getting out of the car, Mark comes out of the house dressed in a nice shirt and a tie. He comes over and says thank you again, and then gave me a kiss and got in his car.

Me and the boys walk into the house, and let me just say it's cozy, but still a little fancy looking like the outside. While me and the boys are trying to find the living room, one of them speaks up. "This is a nice house, if you guys get married will we move in here or a brand new house." Jackson asks while sitting on the couch.

"Probably a new house, because this house or ours won't be big enough for everyone." I say while sitting down.

A few minutes later we're all just sitting on our phones until I hear lite foot steps, I look towards the steps to see Madison. She's standing there in her pajamas, holding a stuffed dog in her arms.

"Hello Madison, your dad had to go to work right quick and asked me to watch you." I say smiling at her.

*******************************************************

Sorry for long wait, I should have another coming soon. Thanks for being patient.