Chapter One

I do not own "The Lost Boys". I only own Nyx and Isadora.

The Emerson's and Frog brothers are more of background characters.

Bold Italic: "Telepathy"

Italic: "Sign Language"

Santa Carla, a popular tourist spot filled to the brim with all sorts of vacationers and locals. Also known as The Murder Capital of the World. At least that's what the back of the "Welcome to Santa Carla'' sign says. For the Emerson family, it was a fresh start after the death of their father. The family of three was on their way to Grandpa Emerson's house, a small moving trailer filled with the last of their belongings, and the eldest son's motorbike.

Stopping to refuel, the eldest son Michael decides to ride his motorbike the rest of the way to their grandfather's house. The weather was perfect for riding and not having the feeling of claustrophobia was a plus. The mother, Lucy, and youngest son, Sam were leading Michael down the dirt driveway to Grandpa's house. Grandpa greeted them all with a prank-playing possum on the front porch. The Emerson' spent the rest of the day unpacking their rescued belongings. Some of their stuff still smelt of smoke, a reminder of what they lost. Come nightfall the small family ventured out to the boardwalk, not knowing their lives are about to be flipped on its head.

The boardwalk is always crowded during the day, it's during the night when it truly comes alive. The lights, the sounds, the smells, even the people are different come nighttime. Michael and his little brother Sam split away from their mom, Lucy, to explore. Lucy slowly strolled her way around, looking into the shops to see if they were hiring.

She comes across a little boy crying for his mom, "What's wrong sweetie?"

The little boy rubs his tear-filled eyes, "I lost my mom."

Lucy kneels to his eye level, "Well, why don't we go look for her?" The little boy nods his head and takes Lucy's hand as she stands up.

They walked into the nearest shop, which happens to be a video store, and approached the owner. Right when Lucy was going to speak with the owner, Max, the little boy's mom came running in, "Terry...Thank god...I was so worried." The woman thanked Lucy and Max, then took her son by the hand and left the store.

Lucy then turns to Max and introduces herself, "Hello, I'm Lucy..."

LB..........LB...........LB.............LB.........LB

Michael and Sam were pushing their way through the crowd following a girl that Michael couldn't keep his eyes off of.

Sam asked, "Where are we going?"

Michael kept pushing through, "Nowhere."

"What's the rush then?" You're chasing after that girl, huh? Well, while you're chasing her, I'm going to go check out the shops. I think I saw a comic book shop. See ya later, Mike." Sam pats his brother on the shoulder as he walks back towards the shops out of the crowd of the concert they ended up at.

Sam enters the comic book shop. It seems empty, the air smells of dust, old paper and smudged ink. Sam browses the shelves of comics, cringing at the filing system, almost tempted to start rearranging the comics when he is approached by two boys his age. These boys are trying too hard to look tough, wearing fatigues and dirty looks. Sam points out some of their mistakes with their filing system. As the three of them are correcting said mistakes introductions were made. The Frog brothers, Edgar and Alan, learn that Sam has moved to Santa Carla with his mom and older brother. The Frogs warn Sam that Santa Carla is crawling with vampires.