Chapter Five

I do not own "The Lost Boys".  I only own Nyx and Isadora.

Bold Italic: "Telepathy"

Italic: "Sign Language

The guys spent the rest of the night deep in thought.  They went after the Surf Nazis for their meal that night.  It Doesn't matter which ones, they will eventually kill them all.  Afterward, their minds were on the girls.  They were so distracted they didn't even notice Star wasn't at the cave.  Laddie was on his bed in the main room by himself.

LB................LB................LB...............LB.................LB.................LB..................LB..............LB

Star and Laddie had come back to the cave a few hours ago.  Laddie ran into the cave with no problem, went over to his corner, took off his shoes, and picked up a coloring book.  He goes to ask Star about his brothers when he noticed she wasn't in the cave.  He just shrugged his shoulders thinking she just dropped him off and left.

LB................LB................LB...............LB.................LB.................LB..................LB..............LB

Star has never been so angry before in her life.  She and Laddie came back to the cave to get in bed before David got back.  Low and behold, when Laddie entered the cave without a problem Star didn't think anything was wrong until she tried to enter.  It was like hitting a brick wall.  Knocking her on her tailbone.  She got up and yelled for Laddie.  It was like he couldn't hear her.

After a few minutes of trying to get Laddie's attention she left.  Needing to get somewhere before the sun came up.  She ended up at Michael's place.  Crawled into his bed without waking him up, covering her face from the rising sun.  Star fell asleep still very angry, as well as confused.

LB................LB................LB...............LB.................LB.................LB..................LB..............LB

About an hour before sunrise, Marko was ordered to retrieve Star from the Emerson's house.  He is not sure why Max would give an order like this so close to sunrise.  Star must not be in danger or she would have contacted them through the link.  Marko could feel Max's anger when he more aggressively gave the order.  Marko had no choice but to leave the cave.

Marko was flying as fast as he could to Michael's place to get Star.  He floated outside of Michael's window and knocked as loud as he could without shattering the glass.  Neither body made a move to open the window.

The sun has begun to break the horizon.  Marko is panicking.  He will not reach the cave in time.  He's closer to Nyx and Izzy.  He doesn't know why he feels he could go to them but it feels like the right decision.  So he flies there as fast as he can, given the fact his energy is draining.  His body is heating up, starting to burn slightly.  By the time Marko reaches the door to the kitchen, he is almost in flames and his skin is charring.  He screams in agony on the steps in front of the door.

The door is flung open, Marko falls forward onto the floor still smoking.  He doesn't know if it is Nyx or Izzy, but someone smothered him with a heavy blanket to stop the burning.  He is in so much pain he doesn't notice the heavy metal shutters closing, the house is consumed by darkness.

LB................LB................LB...............LB.................LB.................LB..................LB..............LB

"What the hell Marko?  What were you doing out at sunrise?"  Nyx whispered yelled at him.  She had been in the kitchen getting a drink of water when Marko showed up.  She helped him stand to take him into the cavern.  If he wasn't in pain, Marko would have been shocked at her second question.