Chapter Three

I do not own "The Lost Boys".  I only own Nyx and Isadora.

Bold Italic: "Telepathy"

Italic: "Sign Language

Marko and Paul arrived at the cliff just in time to see the new guy, Michael, punch David in the jaw.  Marko rolled his eyes, Paul laughed at the guy.  They knew David could tear this guy apart so they stood back to see what happened next.  David just laughed and asked Michael, "How far are you willing to go Michael?"

Paul grabbed Nyx's hand and led her down the cliffside past a rusty fence with several warning signs to a cave.  Nyx looked over her shoulder checking on Izzy.  She had to stifle a giggle when she saw her sister being carried by Dwayne.

"Did she lose her footing or is this an excuse?"  Nyx asked Dwayne, once she entered the cave.

Dwayne carefully put Izzy down, "Both.  She almost tripped climbing down."  Izzy was again hiding as much of her face as she can with her sleeve-covered hand.  Couldn't hide the smile on her face.

Nyx saw it, "Cheeky devil."  Izzy just smiled bigger and walked further into the cave.

David gave a short speech about their place, then sat in a wheelchair.  Izzy was immediately drawn to the artwork on the walls, the massive Jim Morrison portrait, and the fountain with the damaged chandelier.  Nyx noticed all these things too, but she also noticed how homey and lived in the cave felt.  This was their home.

Nyx spoke up after a few moments, "Nice place."  She watched as Paul turned on music from his 'rock box', Marko was feeding pigeons, Dwayne sat at the end of the couch reading, and David was sitting in a wheelchair. 

David watched as Isadora, Izzy he had to remind himself, walked around brushing her fingertips along the wall like she was getting a feel of the atmosphere.  Being in close proximity to her and her sister, he could feel like there was something about the two of them.  David knew he wasn't the only one.  He glanced over to Dwayne.  A book in one hand, his other arm outstretched on the back of the couch, kept glancing at Izzy and has not turned the page in the past few minutes.

Michael faced David after glancing at Star, "Star and I were going to get some food."  Trying to think of an excuse to leave.  Michael was feeling very unwelcome by everybody except Star and the girl with almost white hair.  She seems just as interesting as Star.

David growls through their link, "If he doesn't get his eyes off Izzy, I'm going to rip his throat out.  He can have Star for all I care, but Izzy belongs to us." The boys gave a slight nod, acknowledging that they heard him.  "Good idea... Marko, we're hungry."

Marko nods his head and goes to get food.  He decided to fly instead of riding his bike so it will be quicker.  Deciding on Chinese, he got a couple containers of fried rice, steamed white rice, chow mein noodles, beef broccoli, sweet and sour chicken, egg rolls, and fortune cookies (why not?).

Back in the cave, Paul had rolled a joint and handed it to David.  David lit it and passed to Michael, "How about an appetizer?"

Michael accepts the joint and takes a small hit before handing it back to David.  Nyx was offered next but she refused, but Izzy accepted it.  She took a long pull then handed it to Paul since David went and sat back down.  She didn't see the look on Dwayne and David's face.  She will surely fit in.

Everyone was pretty relaxed at this point.  Paul was balancing on the edge of the fountain.  Dwayne riding a skateboard, gracefully.  David was in his wheelchair balancing on the back wheels.  Star and Laddie were in her corner, her on the bed and Laddie was coloring.  Michael was sitting against the wall, he kept staring back and forth between Star and Izzy while having a conversation about the boys living in the cave without their parents.  Nyx and Izzy were having a conversation about how they felt.