Chapter Four

I do not own "The Lost Boys".  I only own Nyx and Isadora.

Bold Italic: "Telepathy"

Italic: "Sign Language

The San Francisco Art Exchange opened in 1983, home to various types of media.  Paintings adorn the walls, sculptures arranged throughout the rooms, even the catering was beautifully arranged.  The main auction hall is situated in the center of the building on the second floor.  Once a piece has been won, it is taken to a backroom to prepare for transport.  The auction happening tonight is a private affair, each piece more expensive than the last.  Including rare, original paintings thought to be lost but were in someone's private collection.

Nyx and Izzy were waiting in line to get inside.  The doorman checking invitations as well as the guest list.  "Name?"  The doorman asked.

Nyx leaned forward and whispered in his ear, her voice echoing in his head, "You saw our invite and our names are not important."  Manipulating his mind to see their names on the list, and that he checked their names off.

"Ladies."  The doorman motions for them to enter.

Nyx is wearing a black, pin-striped suit with a navy blue tube top and black, open-toed, three-inch heels.  Only having eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss for her makeup tonight, her hair in a tight updo.  Izzy went with a similar look.  She wore a black tube top, white suit pants, and jacket with two-inch white heels.  Her makeup was done very light, some mascara, blush, and lip gloss, hair pulled up into a high ponytail. A white gold, diamond-encrusted choker being the only jewelry Izzy wore tonight.  They didn't want anyone to be able to identify them, just in case there were survivors. (Yeah, right.)

Several pieces have already been auctioned off before Izzy starts getting antsy, "How can you be so calm?  I'm starving."

Nyx crossed her legs, put her arm behind her sister but kept her eyes on the auctioneer,  "I'm just as hungry... Ok, get the doors.  I'll get the lights."

The lights inside the auction hall started to flicker before going out, causing the audience to scream and trample each other heading towards the doors.  The auctioneer told everyone to remain calm and instructed everyone to calmly leave the room.  Only to find the doors are locked from the outside.

The sisters had no problem seeing in the dark. 

"Here we go!"  Nyx and Izzy spent the next hour draining every single person dry. 

The clean-up was simple.  They carefully packed the paintings they wanted, as well as an exquisite Apollo Ivory mask from a fifth-century chryselephantine statue, thought long since destroyed in 475AD.

Once everything was loaded into their rental car, they changed their clothes and threw them into the room with the bodies.  They then set the auction hall on fire and exited the building.  By the time fire trucks showed up they were on their way out of the city and back home.

"How much you want to bet the boys are at our place?"  Nyx and her sister laughed at the fact that they probably were there.

"Not betting anything.  You're probably right.  I say we wait until almost sundown to deliver their painting.  It's only fair.  Then maybe carve the same sigils by the cave entrance.  Those comic book twerps give off bad ju-ju."  Izzy scrunched her eyebrows in thought.

"You got that vibe too.  They may be kids but it seems like they know too much.  At least with the sigils, the guys would be better protected."  Nyx pressed on the accelerator to make decent time.  Sun is almost up.  Luckily they won't get hurt from it, but they are tired and full.  They won't need to feed for another couple of weeks.  Which is already planned.