Chapter Eight

Even though the vampires slept all day, they still felt exhausted. The events of the previous night playing in their heads. Nyx had dislodged herself from her mates and retreated into the room behind her bed. She came out with six blood bags, setting three on each side table. Nyx noticed the rest of the room  stirring, "Just to tie over until we head out." "Matron, we're going to head out soon. Do we want to look for new ladies here or no?"  Nyx was unsure about replacing Janet and Annya with just anyone around  Santa Carla with the amount of drug addicts. Or maybe becoming a lady is what some woman might need?

"If you don't find anyone suitable tonight, we'll look near Sacramento the following night."  The Matron had finished cooking dinner for the rest of the household when the vampires came upstairs. She knew they would not be eating in,  so she made sure Sam, Laddie, Sasha, Susan, and Maria ate dinner.  "Evening everyone. I trust you slept well, or as well as you could all  things considered." She set down the last of the plates in front of  Maria and Laddie.

Nyx answered before anyone else, "Yes, Matron.  We'll be heading out shortly. Also, we need to resupply the cavern.  Still have ten left, for now." The six vampires had quickly down their blood bags, then Nyx and Izzy changed clothes before coming upstairs.  "So, what are you guys going to do tonight?"

Laddie spoke with his fork in his mouth, "We're gonna play hide and clap." He was very excited to play such a childish game.

"Aw, that's such a fun game." Izzy quietly says to everyone. The guys look at her with a confused expression.

So  Nyx explains the rules, "It's like hide and seek. But there's no home base, it's played in the dark and the seeker is blindfolded. Once the seeker is blindfolded, they spin around ten times, giving everyone time to hide. Then the seeker asks for a clap (Nyx claps her hands twice),  and they have to try to find someone by sound. About a minute after the third clap, if nobody is found, the lights come on, take a break and the next round starts with the same seeker. I've gone three rounds being the seeker before. Rule of safety, it is played on one floor so there's  no possibility of falling downstairs."

The boys looked at each other, sharing a silent conversation. David shook his head, "Maybe next  time, we need to take care of some things." "I do know I need to speak with Max soon. He's been too quiet these past few days."  The boys agreed Max needed to go. He was too unhinged to have any control over them. Paul, Dwayne, and Marko agreed that David would be a  better head vampire than Max. David was already more of their leader anyways.

LB........LB.......LB.......LB.......LB......LB.....LB

When the group entered the video store, they noticed the atmosphere felt off. Paul and Marko walked up to the girl behind the counter to ask if her boss was in.  Unsurprisingly, Max had not been at the store that night. She told the two blondes that he had to go to his other store to deal with some loose ends. The guys did not like the sound of that.

For now, they would push the thought out of their minds and just spend some time with their mates. Dwayne, the normally quiet one, has not stopped talking to  Izzy about anything and everything. Izzy has never felt better, plus she had her voice back. David just smirked and watched the two talk,  absorbing what he could about Izzy. Learning that she was not usually that shy, but losing one's voice does that. "We should complete the mate bond tomorrow night," David had sent the message to his brothers. Marko is the only one partially bonded to his mate. And from the events of last night, they agree that being fully bonded sooner than later is best.

Unfortunately, things do not play out that way.

LB........LB.......LB.......LB.......LB......LB.....LB