Chapter Seven

I do not own "The Lost Boys".  I only own Nyx and Isadora.

Bold Italic: "Telepathy"

Italic: "Sign Language

Two days later...

Sam had a bad feeling.  He woke up to a quiet house.  Too quiet.  He got up, took a shower, got dressed and was getting ready to leave for the boardwalk.  But first, he was going to let his mom know he was leaving.  Sam walked down the stairs into the living room, finding no sign of his mom or grandpa.  He looked at the clock above the fireplace, it was already past noon.  His mom and grandpa are usually up by now, and their cars were still here. 

After searching most of the house for either adult, Sam found himself standing in front of the sliding doors leading to grandpa's workroom.  Taking a deep breath he slid them open and instantly regretted it.  Everywhere Sam looked in the room he could see a body part belonging to his grandfather.  Someone had torn him apart.  His limbs were in separate corners of the room, his torso was in front of the sliding doors and his head was mounted on a pair of antlers on top of the worktable.  Sam closed his eyes but it was too late.  He could feel the contents of his stomach in his throat.  He quickly closed the doors before vomiting on the floor.

"Mom!  Mom!  Are you here?  MOM!" Sam ran through the house in a panic looking for his mother.  He stopped outside her closed bedroom door.  Not sure if he wanted to open it but he needed to know.  Tears welled up in his eyes as he slowly opened the door.  His breathing became erratic at the sight in front of him.  There lies his mother, pale, lifeless and nude. 

Sam went numb at this point.  Tears streamed down his face as he moved on autopilot.  He carefully covered his mother with a bedsheet, somewhat preserving her modesty.  Sam stood over his covered mother and stared into space for so long the sky was darkening.  He was lost.  His father was getting remarried and wanted nothing to do with him, his grandfather torn apart, his mother murdered and his brother missing.  'Oh god, Michael.'  The only thought going through his head was how different Michael had been acting.  Sam always had a bad feeling about Michael, but he didn't think he was capable of such heinous acts.  He needed to find the Lost Boys, maybe they have answers about his brother's behaviour.  Sam didn't think to call the police, he was too upset to think clearly.

LB........LB.......LB.......LB.......LB......LB.....LB

The guys had been looking for any sign of Michael for the past two almost three nights.  They kept an eye for him when they went to the boardwalk, checked his home the night before, and even stalked the comic book shop.  Absolutely no sign of Michael anywhere. 

Marko and Dwayne were heading towards their bikes when Dwayne spotted Sam.  "Young Emerson."

Marko followed Dwayne's gaze to Sam, they both noticed he seemed pale, and zoned out.  "Come on." 

Sam had been so out of it he didn't realize he walked to the boardwalk instead of riding his bike.  He also didn't see two of the Lost Boys coming up to him.  Dwayne had stepped in front of Sam while Marko stood beside him, putting an arm around Sam's shoulders noticing he flinched.

"Hey sport, where's your brother?" Marko asked.  Sam tensed up even more at the mention of his brother.  Marko looked to Dwayne slightly nodding his head.

Dwayne lightly grasped Sam's chin, bringing his head up to look him in the eyes.  Sam was starting to shake, "Are you ok dude?"

"No, I'm not."  Sam's eyes filled with tears again.  "I-I was hoping you guys would know where my brother is?"