1

I feel the sun kissing my chocolate skin. Turning around with a groan, I looked at the time. I sighed, knowing I must go to this horrible job .  I start getting ready for my day. I brushed my gigantic, frizzy hair into a slick ponytail. I stroll to my walk-in closet deciding on what I should wear. It came down to looking like a baddie or a boss-ass bitch. Deciding on both, I picked out a crop orange jacket with a light grey fitted shirt and ripped jeans.

Not being in the mood for breakfast I head to my black Nissan Altima driving into traffic. I knew I should have taken the street way, scolding myself. All I wanted to do today was get in my bed and watch The Vampire Dairies for the 100th time. I hate going to work with a passion. After yelling and cussing out the stupid ass drivers I finally made it to work. I work at a horrible bar, with a dreadful boss. Did I mention I hate my job, because I do. The pay was bad, and it was in a bad neighborhood.

“It’s nice for you to join us Alaska!”, Malika said teasingly while smiling. She was always joking around. She is the only reason other than the money that I have not quit.

“I’m sorry I got stuck in traffic”, I half-heartedly apologized.  I honestly don't care, I just wanted to be polite. I walk in the back clocking in.

We begin serving the customers. I gained a few tips from some old ass man, not soon enough we were getting ready to close.

“So what are you going to do on your day off’, Malika questioned. I was about to answer when a hooded man walked in with his hands in his pockets. That should have been my first red flag.

“Sorry sir we are closed for th-”, I was cut off. “PUT ALL THE MONEY IN THE BAG”, the man yelled. This rude ass motherfucker pointed his gun at Malika and me. He looked sad. I yelled back, “Fuck you, I was just about to leave”. Malika looked at me like I was a lunatic. I just shrugged and was getting ready to pack up.  I thought he didn’t have the balls to shoot me.

I was very very wrong. He didn’t even think twice and shot me three times in the chest. “NOOOO” Malika cried. I felt a vile pain in my heart. I couldn’t pay attention to what was happening around me. I felt as cold as outer space. Death was knocking on my door and I was letting it in, making food for the both of us. I have never been afraid of death either, in fact, I think it was a beautiful thing.  

“Goodbye,” I cried, getting ready for what comes next. I closed my eyes, not wanting for Malika to have to see my lifeless eyes, and stuck out my tongue to the side. If I’m going out, I’m going out making people laugh.

         That is how a dumb bitch died.

        This is the first chapter. I hope you guys like it. Please tell me if I have any mistakes or if my grammar was bad. Peace and love, your lovely author.