Pro tip: Don't make a Murderbot

"Tony" Athena looked at him. 

"Jarvis" Tony called, but there was no response from the AI. 

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or... I was a-dream?" The suit spoke again. 

Tony tapped on his device and commanded- "Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit."

"There was a terrible noise... and I was tangled in... in... strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy." The suit said again. 

"You killed someone?" Steve asked the same time Athena said- "Who are you?" 

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices" The suit ignored Athena. 

"Who sent you?" Thor demanded. 

The suit played a recording of Tony's voice that said-"I see a suit of armor around the world."

"Ultron!" Bruce exclaimed.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this... chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission" Ultron said.

"What mission?" Athena asked, she was getting annoyed by the robot. 

"Peace in our time" Ultron said simply. The wall behind him exploded and Iron Legion's suits flew through. Steve kicked over the table to provide cover for Athena and himself, but they were blown backward. 

Athena had no idea how the others were holding up, but she and Steve moved in unison. Steve jumped on the nearest suit and Athena jumped onto a table and performed a skilled kick that took off the robot's head. 

The robot dropped to the ground and Athena rushed to help Tony who was also on the back of a suit and trying to do something with a fondue fork. 

"Thor!" Athena yelled, then without waiting to see if he heard her, she told Tony to duck. The hammer flew to her hands and she beheaded that suit too. 

Athena and Tony landed on glass shards that pierced their skins, but they got up to help the others.  

"Cap!" Clint called out as he threw the shield to Steve, in one swift move Steve threw the shield at another robot, which dropped in two pieces. 

"Nice one Steve" Athena gave him a thumbs up. 

The fight was over and the only one remaining now was Ultron himself. 

"That was dramatic! I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to...evolve?" Ultron paused and picked up one pf the Iron Legion bot.

"With these? These puppets? " He crushed the bot's head. "There's only one path to peace: The Avengers' extinction"

Athena threw the hammer at Ultron, blasting his apart. "He was getting annoying" she shrugged.

"I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me, no strings on me." Ultron sang and then stopped.

.....

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch" Bruce said. Now all the avengers were in the lab, the same place Athena had met them three years ago. 

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha sighed, she obviously had something she didn't want anyone to know, everyone did. 

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey asked, walking across the lab. 

"Nuclear codes" Maria sat up straighter.