Don't mess with Vultures

Athena and Peter were now on the ferry, Peter was sticking on the side while Athena snuck on board. She saw baldie and another guy talking with each other, she recognised the other but couldn't place where she knew him from. 

"Main deck, meet me there" Peter spoke on comms. 

Athena nodded and then realised Peter couldn't see her, she raced through the shadows and stayed hidden watching the exchange with fascination. Every single guy there looked lie a criminal- shady and scary. 

"Incoming joint call from Tony Stark" Athena's suit lady told her. 

"No, no, no, no, not now" But it was no use, suddenly she could hear Tony. 

"Mr. Parker, Thena, got a sec?" 

"Uh, we're actually in school" Peter lied. 

"Yeah Tony, kinda busy. the teacher hasn't noticed us talking on our phones... but he will, we gotta go" Athena 

"My dad never really gave me a lot of support... And I'm just trying to break the cycle of shame." Tony told them, Athena knew about his relationship with Howard, and to think that Tony thought of her as a daughter was a nice feeling.

"Tony, look you know I love you, but we're in the middle of something right now" Athena told him. 

"Don't cut me off when I'm complimenting you. Anyway, great things are about to-" Tony was cut off by the ferry horn. " What is that?"

"We're in.. uh band practice" Peter lied. 

"That's odd. Happy told me you quit band six weeks ago, and Thena never joined band. What's going on?" At that time, baldie shook a bunch of keys in front of the others and Athena knew what Peter was going to do. 

"I gotta go. Uh, end call." 

"I'll take those!" Peter snatched the keys and exclaimed- "Yoink!" 

"did you seriously just say yoink?" Athena asked him, emerging from the shadows. 

"I thought it was appropriate" Peter said and then turned "Hey, guys. The illegal-weapons-deal-ferry was at 10:30. You missed it." 

He disarmed two guys with a splitter web and kicked another scary dude with a scorpion tattoo. But before the scorpion dude could fall into the water- Peter pulled him back and slammed him into the ferry. 

"Yikes, leave some for me" Athena said then punched baldie in his guts. He now had the shocker gauntlet on but was still a bit inexperienced with it. Then she swiped his legs from under him, making him fall hard on his butt.

She noticed, a bit too late- two guys behind her, about to shoot her but Peter webbed them and threw them to the side. 

"Thanks Spidey" Athena gave him a small nod and turned to Baldie. "Just because I hate you, I'm gonna do this"

She took out her staff which hung across her back, then she touched it to his gut where she had punched him and activated the electric shock. 

"You just shocked the shocker!" Peter exclaimed which made Athena snort. 

They heard a banging noise behind them and turned to find the same bald dude Athena knew from somewhere, he was banging a new buyers head on a white van. 

Athena touched her gun which was in her leg holster and swiftly took it out, pointing it at the man. She would've shot him in the leg, but was interrupted-

"Freeze! FBI!" Agents came out of everywhere and surrounded Peter and Athena, the worst part was that they were aiming their guns at them. 

"Don't move." Said an agent, Athena dropped her gun and raised her hands. 

"Get on the ground."

"FBI."

"Wait, what do you mean, FBI?" Peter's shoulder touched hers and she looked at him as if he were stupid. I mean he kinda was. "I know what the FBI means, but what are they doing here?"

Behind the agents, A wing with a turbine burst through a van and slowly the Vulture emerged with a glowing purple gun. His green eyes bore into Athena's and she stepped back in surprise. 

The Vulture flew straight for the two superheroes, shooting the weird gun. The FBI, it seemed were now pointing their guns at him which was a relief. 

"Get out of the way! Get out of the way!" Peter told the agents and they moved. The Vulture then threw a car at Athena which finally snapped her out of her trance. She pushed an agent out of harm's way and stared as Vulture hovered in the air behind the ferry.

"Get to the top deck. We're getting out of here." Vulture said to Baldie who immediately began moving, Peter shot a web at Baldie to stop him from running but Vulture shot another purple blast, cutting his web. 

Athena knew shooting at the Vulture was no use so instead of going back of her gun, she told Peter to fire a web at Vulture. 

Peter's web caught Vulture's foot and Athena joined Peter in trying to pull the flying menace down, but it was no use. What was even worse was that Vulture was shooting random blasts of energy everywhere. 

Peter, Athena and Vulture struggled around with the webs for some time before he cut them, by using his metal feathers like a scissor.

Peter shot a web at Vulture's weapon this time. It stuck there and Peter pulled with all his might. In the meantime, Athena helped Agents get away from the dangerous scene.

She stopped when Peter slammed into a pole, "Spidey!" 

"I'm fine, I'm fine, Activate Taser web" He said. The web coursed with electricity and Athena saw the Vulture's suit malfunction a bit, the weapon got pulled out of his hands and fell on the deck next to Athena. 

It went haywire- firing everywhere and bouncing madly, Athena couldn't get close enough to stop it so Peter had to deal with it. 

While Peter shot multiple webs at it to contain it, Athena did something risky. She jumped onto a car and crouched, only to soar through the sky at an unsuspecting Vulture. 

"Argh!" He exclaimed when Athena landed on his back. 

Athena tried to rip the wings off, which worked partially until the other wing flung her off. She landed hard on the deck again and looked in horror at the weapon which was now firing purple rays, and cutting the ship in half. 

When the rays finally stopped, everything was still for a moment. Then everything fell apart, quite literally. Water shot up like multiple fountains in the cargo area as the ferry began splitting apart. 

Athena gasped in horror as shouts of panic were heard and it was then Athena remembered that there were many people on the ferry.  

"Oh my god, what do we do?" Peter asked, Athena had to put on a brave face despite being equally clueless. 

"Peter, you try to keep the ship together with your webs, target the strongest points while I try to keep the civilians safe" Athena told him.

With that they sprung into action.