Waiting around is boring

"Peter are you crazy?" Athena whisper shouted at him after they got out of shop class, "For all we know that thing is an explosive and you were hitting it with a stupid hammer!" 

"Ned and I think it's more of a power source or energy core, but sorry" Peter gave her a small shrug as they continued walking down the hall. 

"Crap" Peter exclaimed when he saw two familiar faces and leapt behind a wall to hide. Athena was confused, but her eyes widened when she saw who Peter had seen. 

"Fuck" She hid behind the wall too. 

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on." Peter gestured for Ned to follow them. 

Peter peered around the corner and then flattened himself against the wall. 

"Hey, that's one of the guys that tried to kill us" Peter explained to a confused Ned. 

"It was baldie wasn't it? I didn't get a good look" Athena said and Peter nodded. 

"We gotta get out of here." Ned spoke up. 

"No, no, no, no, no. I gotta follow them." Peter looked at Athena, who sighed. 

"As much as I hate your impulsiveness, it's actually actually a good idea. Maybe place a tracker, Tony's probably put that in our suits too" 

"Maybe they'll lead us to the guy that dropped us in the lake" Peter said, of course he didn't mean Athena to remember last night, but she did. In fact she didn't sleep much if at all that night. Every time she closed her eyes she saw the beautiful city underneath her. It would've been peaceful except for the fact that she felt like she couldn't breathe and her heartbeat was way too fast. 

In her flashback, she missed Peter and Ned's conversation. Peter peered around the corner and exposed himself to go after baldie. Athena stepped around too but Peter gave her a stern look. 

"No, stay there Thea" he told her, and for once she was glad to sit it out. 

.....

"This is so awesome" Ned said, the trio was sitting in Peter's room where Ned was holding Peter's web shooter that was projecting a hologram of the city. Peter hopped on the bed next to Athena who was lying and staring at the bottom of the top bunk. 

Athena's cheek flushed when she realised Peter was so very close to her, she turned to face the boys on her side and looked at the hologram. 

"They're in Brooklyn." She said. 

.....

It had been hours and they were still studying the hologram, Athena sat with her head on Ned's shoulder while Peter was hanging upside down and eating chips. 

"Staten Island." Ned said. 

.....

It was evening now and Ned lay on the floor, completing the death star while Peter was sitting on his desk and with a web shooter projected a characterised version of his mask. Athena was attempting to do pull ups by Peter's bunk bed. 

"Leaving Jersey."

.....

It was even later now and Bucky had come over too, he was trying to cook with Aunt May- both of them failing by the sound of the frequent fire alarms.

Athena and Peter were just laying in the top bunk staring at the ceiling and trying not to think of their touching arms. 

They were shaken out of their thoughts by a beeping sound. 

Peter stuck to the ceiling and crawled to the middle of the room before standing upside down, Athena got up too and jumped down, landing on her toes in front of Ned who was now wearing Peter's spider-man mask. 

"They stopped" Ned said. 

"Maryland?" Athena asked. 

"What's there?" Ned looked up at the two. 

"I don't know. Evil lair?" Peter shrugged. 

"They have a lair?" Ned asked. 

"Dude. A gang with alien guns run by a guy with wings? Yeah, they have a lair." Peter said. 

"Or maybe a base of operations at least." Athena thought out loud. 

"I liked the lair idea better, much more bad ass. But how are you gonna get there if it's, like, 300 miles away?"Ned asked. 

Athena turned to the academic decathlon poster on Peter's wall.

"Not too far from D.C." she smirked.