5. MESSAGE

Annette

Annette was nervous. Even though Aiden had sent her back safely, she was nervous as to what would happen at home.

What would be her father's reaction when he would see the royal carriage outside their mansion.

What about her brothers????

She couldn't get these scenarios out of her mind. Aiden had put her in a much tougher position by sending the royal carriage.

She knew he did it while knowing the consequences. He could've sent her back in another normal carriage, not the luxurious eye-catching royal carriage.

She tried to look out of the window but as soon as she opened the blinds, she closed them immediately. All of the people on the road were looking at the carriage, wondering who was the person sitting inside it.

Annette sighed in relief when the carriage stopped. But a wave of stress came back when she saw her father standing at the gate.

She nervously got off the carriage with the help of the butler and didn't try to look at her father.

She had already known he would be angry.

"Whose carriage is this may I ask?"

She shivered at her father's cold voice dripping in angriness.

"It's the crown prince's carriage your excellency."

One of the guards replied politely.

"Well.., please pass on my gratefulness to the crown prince for taking care of my daughter."

Her father smiled, but she knew he was just pretending. It wasn't his genuine smile.

"Now then, let's go inside my dear, you must be tired by staying out all night."

She flinched lightly as her father quietly held her hand and escorted her to the lounge where her brothers were already sitting.

"Annette!! Where were you all night?!!! Do you have any idea how worried we were?!!!"

Her elder brother exclaimed as soon as he saw her. She didn't say anything. She COULDN'T say anything.

What could she tell??? That she slept in the same room as the crown prince?? Or that she got so drunk that she fainted in his arms??? Or that she saw him in her dreams???

It was all too much!!!.... Even more so because Aiden sent her back in his carriage.

He did it intentionally. She knew it.

"Annette?? Answer me where were you??"

Her brother asked her again. Annette sighed , there was no way she could hide this from them.

Her heart was pounding loudly. She was getting more and more nervous as the seconds passed.

"I....umm...got drunk at the party and couldn't come so the crown prince Aiden took care of me and offered me a room in the palace....I woke up in the guest room this morning , that's when I remembered that I got drunk and went with him."