19. THE LOST FRIEND

Annette

She came to her senses as Aiden shaked her a little and turned around again to look where that man was standing a second ago.

"I ..that ......that man .... where did he go?"

She looked Around again but it was as if he had disappeared into thin air.

"Where.....did he go?"

She mumbled again.

Aiden was still holding onto her as she looked around to find that man.

"Annette..."

She met his worried eyes as he pulled her closer.

"What happened?"

"I- That man ...he was...really.. mysterious....I felt like I know him.....and he had....he had blue hair....."

"Blue hair?"

"Blue hair...it's kind of rare and only a few people have that rich shade of blue. I knew someone who had blue hair."

As she said that....a distant memory crossed her mind. Two kids running around in the garden , playing with each other until they were exhausted.

The boy fixing the girl's hair and the girl giggling as she placed a flower crown on the boy's head.

Of course , a sad memory accompanied too. The girl looking around for her friend that hadn't been visiting. Finally , she found out that he left for who knows how long. And that she may never see him again.

'Jake......'

"Annette?"

Aiden called her again.

Annette sighed and just held Aiden's hand to drag him away.

"Let's just go. It doesn't matter anyway."

She whispered and walked forward.

Aiden followed after her.

(A blue bird in the sky followed after them and kept an eye on them.)

The blue bird eventually came back to it's master and crouched on his shoulder.

"What did you see?"

He asked the bird who just closed it's eyes at the question and let him caress it's skin as he saw what the bird saw just a few moments ago through his eyes.

"It seems like they have a good relationship yeah?"

Jake nodded and put a hand in the pocket of his black Cloak.

He took out small white necklace and looked at it longingly.

'Anne.....where are you? What happened to you....'

.......

Annette and Aiden finally finished their journey back to the castle.