31. The truth

Aiden

He was confused why his father would do something like this. The matter was resolved and everything was fine and he should be on his way back to the palace BUT somehow the "investigation" and "checkup" should still be done on the last two places!!!

"Oh come on, why are you so nervous , it's just an inspection , you'll be fine."

Blake raised his hands in surrender when aiden glared at him but still continued on with a mischievous smile

" your highness ...,, don't tell me ....,are you nervous to see lady-"

"Don't you DARE finish that sentence!"

"Ok ok I'm sorry ....I'll leave you alone"

Blake got up and opened the door to go out but stopped for a second and turned back

"Your highness! Remember to get ready ....we're departing in a few hours to cordis."

Aiden picked up a book and threw it with all his might but his attendant predicted it and quickly closed the door behind and skipped away.

Now all alone , the crown prince layed back and held his head in his hands ....too stressed to even move.

At last he picked up a pen and paper to send to Arlen Valentin , his only hope at the moment.

Because somehow his father had decided that his son should "rest" after all the chaos and what better place than the peaceful mansion of the valentins.

He quickly finished and called Blake to send it as soon as possible by magic.

Annette

She was in a dilemma . Should she talk to anyone or not? She really wanted to help Alexa but right now it seemed like a bigger problem had arose.

Annette didn't know why but she just got this feeling that something bad was about to happen but she couldn't guess what. At last she just blamed the strange feeling on her nerves and went out of her room.

Arlen was rarely late for breakfast but today he had just asked her to start without him , saying that he had to do some work sent to him by father. Annette thought it was weird but didn't say anything.

She also saw a letter , but Arlen pushed it away before she could see who it was from. He said it was "confidential" and now that she thought about it , he looked really nervous but why?

"Stoppp overthinkingg you're supposed to be on vacationnn"

Alexa's voice appeared out of nowhere but Annette wasn't startled this time , she was already used to this whole thing now.

"I'm just ... kind of worried that something might happen."

"Nothing will happen dear , now go , get ready"

"Get ready? But why?"

"Because , we. Are. Going. Out. Now goooo"

"Alexa, stop pushing ok ok I'll go get ready"

Annette rushed inside and Alexa looked back at the hall and nodded to nothing in particular.

At the end of the hall , Arlen hidden behind a wall nodded back and went to his office again.

'This is gonna be a hell of a day'

He thought to himself.

Aiden

All the preparations were ready , Arlen sent a letter back saying that Annette wouldn't know of anything and that she won't be in the mansion.

This news calmed him down but also made him mad somehow. He didn't want to hide from her. He wanted to see her , talk to her. He didn't want to avoid her and hide things from her and push her away.

And deep inside , some part of him was a little jealous too that someone else was there with her. Someone she was close too. He didn't prefer going there and seeing her happy with someone else that was not him.

He'd rather go back than see that. But did he even have a choice?

There was no going back now. He was being ordered to go to cordis. Being ordered to go and live at the place his Ex fiancé was staying at.

And even if he didn't accept her as his ex fiancé , they were still broken up and she still had no idea why he did it , not that he could explain it to her when he was supposed to hide from her but still , wasn't there a chance that they could meet somehow and talk things out.

He still met her in his dreams every single day and it was driving him crazy because every time he woke up he was devastated at the news that she wasn't there with him and every time he went to sleep he was tormented because he would see her again but at the end she wouldn't be there in reality.

Ohh... what a beautiful twist in the life of a pampered prince.

(TBC)